• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skinner2k3

S16 Parts

skinner2k3

Hi

Not wanting to get too ahead of myself but...a bloke from work has a 306 S16 which he has stripped of its doors, all good panels and interior. He is just about ready to scrap it and it still has a pretty much everything else in/on it including engine, loom, ecu, box, brakes, suspension etc etc. All he wants is £60 for taking the engine out! Needless to say he obviously doesnt know what he has! (and I am not about to tell him :))

Other than the engine, box and as much of the management as I can get my grubby little mits on, what else is worth taking which may be usefull for 205GTI?

Other than a modified manifold to avoid the bulkhead probs are there any other parts which I would need to buy for the conversion?

Cheers

Ben

Baz

Make sure you unplug the ecu with the engine running or it'll be locked, and keep the keypad immobilisor, keys and transponder.

The exhaust mani on the S16 goes in a 205 actually alot easier without modding. :)

Apart from all the obvious bit's you've mentionned;

Hubs, Brakes etc, parts from the rear beam can be scavenged, or itself and interior will be resalable! :D

jackherer

front hubs/brakes/rear arms

david932

what are the s16 brakes like compared to the gti6? im aware they are smaller but are they adiquate for a very fast 205? im thinking along the lines of cheaper and less sprung mass

Baz
what are the s16 brakes like compared to the gti6? im aware they are smaller but are they adiquate for a very fast 205? im thinking along the lines of cheaper and less sprung mass

Exactly, slightly bigger, 266mm, very adequate. Just have a well maintained braking system, new decent fluid, some good pads, and maybe uprated lines. :)

david932

just what i wanted to hear :D

does that mean s16 hubs are the same as gti6? or is one lighter/heavier?

sorry for the hijack by the way :)

Edited by david932

Baz

Hubs are all the same i think, as 1.9 ones.

Miles

The hub's are the same almost but fit without any problems, They just have the ABS sesnor hole in them and the later one's are slightly lighter due to the casting of them,

As Baz has said the exhaust fit's without mods to anything so makes fitting the engine very easy indeed

skinner2k3

Thanks for the replies.

So I will go for;

Engine + box

ECU, keypad and trans

Hubs

Driveshafts

Front brakes, discs

I may just ask how much he wants for whats left of the car. He was going to scrap it anyway. It has no doors, interior and most unfortunately no exhaust manifold! Otherwise I think it is all there.

Thanks

Ben

skinner2k3

Are the wishbones any use? I was hopeing they might give a wider track/negative camber setup, like 309 ones would.

I am taking the whole car now! So I have the time to remove anything that will be a performance bonus on the 205.

Hilgie

No, the wishbones can't be used. Drivehshafts are too wide for the 205, but you might need the short one, to use the gearbox side of the short driveshaft.

skinner2k3

Blimey Hilgie, thats an impressive list of cars!

My 205 was originally a 1.6. Am I right in thinking I can use the bigger S16 brakes on my 1600 hubs? Or should I fit the S16 hubs?

Hilgie

you should fit the S16 hubs and 1.9GTi driveshafts as the S16 brakes do not fit the 1.6 hubs.

Sign in to follow this