• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
david932

What Power To Expect?

david932

i was wondering what power i should expect with the setup i am building i was hoping for just over 200bhp

the spec is gti6 lump

twin dcoe webber 40's

kms ignition ecu

also what exhaust system should i choose to match this for maximum power and torque gain. i need to keep it under 95db

Anthony

I don't think you're going to see that kind of power on 40's as I don't think they'll flow enough for that even with the biggest chokes - you'd really want 45's.

Still running standard cams?

david932
I don't think you're going to see that kind of power on 40's as I don't think they'll flow enough for that even with the biggest chokes - you'd really want 45's.

Still running standard cams?

;) do you not think? i've heard of standard single t/b running that power, surely you would get more volumetric effiency with 3 extra throttles.

yes standard cams, standard engine. only other mod will be a steel billet flywheel

boombang

This is total crap science and assumes huge amounts but...

I have read standard Gti-6 throttle body is 80mm with a 76mm pipe internal diameter.

Assuming you using 40's with 36mm chokes.

A 36mm choke gives 1017mm square area for the restriction

Pipework on standard gives 4534mm square area restriction. This is 1133mm square per cylinder.

Ok so in the plenum example you have losses from robbed charging etc, but you will have a bigger potential to flow per cylinder (assuming flow throughout all points of the inlet is the same, which it isn't but lets not get into that!).

I'll be very interested to see what results you do get though!

zeolite

I think 32mm chokes are the maximum for 40s. I run 36mm chokes in my 45s

Sandy

Standard GTi6 TB is oval and mean diameter approx 62mm, so the plain area is about 3020sqmm, the spindle reduces this to about 2700sqmm. Because of the overlap of induction, the maximum demand is only really approximated to 2 cylinders at a time, so it's more consistent to compare to a pair of mutliple throttles rather than all four. This is approximately comparable in that case to 41mm chokes or 45mm multiple throttles.

david932
This is total crap science and assumes huge amounts but...

I have read standard Gti-6 throttle body is 80mm with a 76mm pipe internal diameter.

Assuming you using 40's with 36mm chokes.

A 36mm choke gives 1017mm square area for the restriction

Pipework on standard gives 4534mm square area restriction. This is 1133mm square per cylinder.

Ok so in the plenum example you have losses from robbed charging etc, but you will have a bigger potential to flow per cylinder (assuming flow throughout all points of the inlet is the same, which it isn't but lets not get into that!).

I'll be very interested to see what results you do get though!

who cares about potential? cross breathing will affect those figures significantly. if your gonna give out smart examples maybe you should get back on your calculator and work out how much WILL be lost

Edited by david932

boombang
who cares about potential? cross breathing will affect those figures significantly. if your gonna give out smart examples maybe you should get back on your calculator and work out how much WILL be lost

Er... ok...

That was just very basic calculations. I wasn't trying to be smart.

Your reply makes you come across as incredibly arrogant.

j_turnell

Enough of the throwing toys out the pram. As Anthony said you will ideally need 45's to make good power. May be worth looking into headwork and cams also.

david932
Er... ok...

That was just very basic calculations. I wasn't trying to be smart.

Your reply makes you come across as incredibly arrogant.

:):D:D:(:blush::blush:

apologies.

i really am sorry. The beer's got the better of me last nite. I'll remember not to post drunk again :blush::blush:

i think i must have read you post completely wrong and saw crap sience and amuses me . im dislecsic and sometimes read wrong

sorry again

Edited by david932

Alastairh

hahaha.

we've all been there drinking and posting!!!

Sign in to follow this