• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

Fuel Pressure

205_sunderland

the car gas been mapped with the engine running a standard fuel pump and im assuming the injectors only take what they need? the engine is running a power boost valve as i was woundering if the new fuel pressure im running will affect the map or if it just will deliver the fuel more precisely with better presure,

sp the overall question is will it run ok with new fuel pump set-up or will it require a trip back on the rollers straight away to adjust boost valve down

regards michael

smckeown

I would have thought if you had a car mapped when the fuel pressure was X and now you've changed it so it's Y, then the map would need to be changed

hengti

is it the fuel pump you've changed? or the regulator?

205_sunderland
is it the fuel pump you've changed? or the regulator?

the car has the same regulator etc since map, nothing touched on engine end just ive now added swirl pot and uprated pump at tank end

hengti

sorry - i should have thought this through before posting; i don't know how FSEs work but assume that, as a mechanical regulator, they must boost/retard whatever pressure they're fed with and that that pressure is set by the tuner

if you change the input pressure, i'm guessing that the FSE's output will change accordingly

would be interesting for confirmation. if it does work like that your fuel pressure is going to have changed and you'd ideally want to be getting it set up again

that's my take anyway

205_sunderland

lovely more money lol im skint to start with after all this, spose itll only cost 80quid or so just for a set up of fuel pressure, would it even require a reolling road session or could it be dont by a diagnostics centre, i asume after this it would ust be adjusted down so it fueling ok and not running stupidly rich as it seems like it was running rich in other car

Edited by 205_sunderland

hengti

i don't know if you'd be able to just get away with having the fuel pressure adjusted to whatever the car required at the time it was last tuned - if you can, i guess it'll depend upon whether or not the tuner can remember what pressure it wanted!

atleast it's likely running rich in the meantime and not lean

hope you can sort it without too much expense B)

taylorspug

As long as you get the fuel pressure put back to what it was running at the time it was mapped/setup, then i would imaging that would be fine. If you are running higher pressure now than when it was set up, then the engine will be overfuelling.

Edited by taylorspug

Richie-Van-GTi

just set it to whatever an MI fuel reg runs at as that is what it was mapped on. The pump is very similar anyway to that of the 306 so you have no worries there, the reg will take care of that B)

smckeown

another alternative is to run a lambda sensor or borrow someone's to get the fueling right again. Hopefully your manifold has a lambda probe

205_sunderland

the engine does run a lamba as it has bodies on it

Edited by 205_sunderland

Sign in to follow this