• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
david932

Mi16 Flywheel Gti 6 Flywheel

david932

are these the same? also has anyone tried a mi16 final drive on a gti 6 gearbox?

cheers

welshpug

shouldn't think they're too different as its the same clutch used for both (2.0 iron block version that is)

Mi16 f/d would be interesting on a 6 box, but it seems the top end gearing might be a little low for a road car when you think the 6 uses the same final drive as the 1.6 gti.

16v205

I couldnt see a difference between my mi16 and gti-6 flywheel. They weighed the same & measured the same.

I bolted the mi16 clutch straight onto the gti-6 flywheel no problem.

Rich

StuF215

Would the mi f/drive fit tho? Wouldnt the 6 box have a longer pinion for 6 gears rather than the 5 on the mi. Unless you can get away with just changing the crownwheel...

Thought about this before but never found out if there were complications.

jonnie205

GTI6 and mi flywheels the same. Mi16 cwp wont fit cos of the longer pinion but PTS do do a 6 speed BE CWP as used in the 206 super cup but it dont come cheap

inferno

what would you hope to achieve fitting an mi final drive to the 6 box?

imo the 6 box is great for ratios, 5 low gears similar to a 1.6 box and a very long 6...

david932
what would you hope to achieve fitting an mi final drive to the 6 box?

imo the 6 box is great for ratios, 5 low gears similar to a 1.6 box and a very long 6...

very quick acceleration and able to be in the power band at any given speed. im never gonna be using the top end so why not gear it down?

welshpug

because first gear would then be too low as such to be unusable, rendering it effectively a 5 speed box.

david932

i found a gearing explanaition page through this site which feature's a calculator and a complex formula to work out gear speeds on a 205. if the formula is correct using a gti6 box and a mi final you would be doing 37mph at 7000rpm in 1st, 58mph in 2nd. this sounds very similar to my williams clio which imo is geared perfectly

david932

doesnt matter really tho as it wont fit anyway :D

pj838

Will a 1.9gti clutch kit fit a gti-6 flywheel? Prob be using a 1.9 be3 box. If not, what clutch will work with this engine (gti6) and box?

cheers

Paul.

welshpug

what type of clutch does the BE3 use? if its a push type you need the 1.9 Mi16 unit IIRC, all 2.0 units are pull type.

Sign in to follow this