• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

Swirl Pot

205_sunderland

i useing a swirl pot on the mi to help feed to bodies, i currently making an ally one at work but need to know if it is necessary to have 3 pipes and where they come from, am i right in assuming these are the 3 pipe uses, fed from tank, outlet and the return pipe to tank is re-routed to the pot.

please reply asap as i going to take is somewhere to get welded together after i smuggle it out of work in bits lol

regards mick

phatgti

I have to run the injection system on my alfa 16v and made this setup last weekend - i run a low pressure pipe to suck fuel out of the tank and into the swirl pot, i then have a high pressure pump to force to the fuel rail in the engine bay, then there is a return from the regulator back into the swirl pot and the feed from the top is just a overflow return back to the tank.

Please note that the fuel feed and return pipes are missing as i ran out of pipe but it isn't anything special.

p2180048xu7.th.jpg

205_sunderland

im only using 3 holes so lonly have one port spare after in nad out basically

phatgti

What pump are you using?

You need to be able to keep the swirl pot full and be able to feed the engine as well - i use the low pressure one (like on a carb'd engine) only to keep the swirl pot full - it needs a pressure relief in the form of the tank return.

205_sunderland

i using a standard pump to feed and ive got a pump of jon on here to supply block

phatgti

The only thing i will say is that a standard injection pump is high pressure, it will fill that little swirl pot very fast indeed - thats why most people use a low pressure pump normally used for carburettors, because they use a float chamber they always hold an amount of fuel so they don't need high pressure to feed them - this makes the pump perfect for filling the swirl pot.

The return pipe will be getting used a lot then :)

205_sunderland

yes indeed lol, i only fitted the pump just so it gets perfect pressure all the time

Hilgie

THis will be of help:

16_14_swirl_pot.gif

Sam

Wonder why they use 2 low pressure pumps??

205_sunderland

great thanx just what i need:)

Hilgie
Wonder why they use 2 low pressure pumps??

The lowpressure pre-pump can be left out.

Sign in to follow this