• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cossiecrew

Is The Mi16 405 Engine Identical To The Citreon......

Doof

a bx gti 16v yes, but an 8v exists so watch out :unsure:

steve031286
...bx gti engine

as above please :unsure:

The bx gti was the 1.9 8v where as the mi-16 is 16v. i think they did make a 16v bx though! i may be wrong.

steve

Edited by steve031286

steve031286
a bx gti 16v yes, but an 8v exists so watch out :unsure:

you got there first lol! so there is a 16v lol. :D

Guest cossiecrew

cheers guys are they both 160 bhp ? the 16v not 8 v

steve031286
cheers guys are they both 160 bhp ? the 16v not 8 v

I would amagine so! the engines are identical!

steve

Edited by steve031286

steve031286
cheers steve

No worries! :unsure:

welshpug

dont you dare break one of the last left!!!!

Guest cossiecrew
dont you dare break one of the last left!!!!

haha i would break it if it was the only one left

Spiky

ah ha,,,, so you know you not going to beat me around track, so you going for the bigger engine...pmsl ...lol

jackherer

the different badges you might see on fast BXs are 'BX 19 GTI', 'BX GTI', 'BX 19 GTI 16v' and 'BX 16Valve". Only the last two have 16v engines, if it doesnt say 16v it isn't a 16v but some cars with GTI on the badge are 16vs so don't rule them out.

Ahl

The 16v engine has a much larger cam cover than the 8v engine, plus it also has 16v written on it, so have a look under the bonnet to be sure.

As said the BX engine is pretty much identical to the 405 mi16. It does however have hydraulic equipment all over it (that you can take off) and apparently the exhaust cam has a bit more duration to compensate from the power loss from the hydraulic pump. Should be a little better than the 405 engine, apparently. :ph34r:

Guest cossiecrew
ah ha,,,, so you know you not going to beat me around track, so you going for the bigger engine...pmsl ...lol

you wont last long spiky these tracks have corners you forget ive seen you in action :ph34r:

steve031286
haha i would break it if it was the only one left

To be honest m8 i agree! the bx isnt that bad a car! im only talking abouth the gti's of course. There are far more mi-16 205s around than the bx. If you have found a mint one. keep it. i can imagine it will be worth more l8r.

When i was about 14 my best m8s dad took me out in his 1.9 gti bx. I was really impressed with what i was seeing.

I would h8 to brake a really mint one. His sold a couple of years l8r for only £700 i was gutted more than the owner lol.

steve :ph34r:

Edited by steve031286

VisaGTi16v

BX 16valves fetch quite good money these days as so rare. If you do find one and its a late one, J reg I think, get under it as the BX got the 148bhp 1905cc 16v with a cat briefly! The 405 never had this as it moved to the 2 litre Mi16 but the BX stopped at that point, replaced by the Xantia. You dont want the cat one but there were so few sold then that it would be hard to find one!

Sign in to follow this