• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

Mi16 Uprated Head Gaskets!

matt-k

hi, Im just about to change the head gasket on my ally mi16 and have been told it would be a good idea to fit an uprated gasket instead of the standard item. Only thing is i cant find anyone who sells them yet so could someone point me in the right direction, also do you think its worth it or shall i just fit the standard one. The car will be running on twin webbers eventually if that makes any differance?

Cheers Matt.

paul wicks

You could go for a Spesso one, although the standard Peugeot one should be fine unless you are planning serious engine mods.

Daz_C
You could go for a Spesso one, although the standard Peugeot one should be fine unless you are planning serious engine mods.

Hi. How do you rate the head gasket ? I'll be needing a new one shortly and at present I have a Peugeot Grp A one but the cost of a new one has rocketed to stupid pounds :blush:

How many miles have you done with the one you have ? And what kind of driving ? Hard or just casual ? I presume your running High Compression ?

Sorry for all the questions - I used standard gaskets at first but found them to be unreliable blowing 2 in not a very long time so I purchased a Grp A one and never had any trouble with it. I was extremely confident with it and never gave it a second thought once fitted but am fooked if I'm paying near on £300 quid for another so I am myself looking for an alternative.

Cheers Daz

Sign in to follow this