• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
peter

Turbo Upgrade

peter

Following in on from my last post (turbo rebuild) I have purchased a t25 from a (s13) and a turbo technics manifold from 205parts (Paul) Very high quality buy the looks of it aswell :D

Now the hard part comes..

After moving the compressor housing round 180 degrees for ease of fitting intercooler pipe work i find that the water and oil feeds are totaly different anyone have any ideas where i could get some made? im asuming they would now need to be custom, or possibly use TT ones.

Has anyone got any pics of the feeds on a tt engine?

I will have a look at the dp website,however ordering and shiping from them may take a while and be alot of hassel, anyone had had any experience with them?

Cheers

pdd144c

DP are very helpful, Pieter will get back to you very quickly if you email.

When you say the feeds are different what do you mean exactly? Different to what?

tom_m

yeah dp should be able to knock you up something, and there delivery isn't at all slow!

peter

Thats sounds good then!

What i mean is that the orientation and the threads for a the nissan t25 are larger and looks like the threads are a different pitch.

I supose what i would need is a stainless flexi lines from the 2.0 turbo engine with fittings on the other end for the nissan turbo (i don think they are generic with all t25s)

I cant tell exactly what type of thread they are either.

Cheers

pdd144c

Sure they could help, or try someone like Pirtek. They will make anything up at a good price. Take your old hose down there and the new turbo and they will do the rest!

peter

Well i have found them on the dp website, which is great 93 euros but worth it i think.Not sure which length i will need using the TT manifold though.

Then theres the oil return pipe...They have listed a oil return flange adaptor which i may be able to use whith the standard return pipe and run another hose to the turbo.

tom m; I see you are doing somthing similar to me how are you getting around this?

Cheers

peter

I dont think i have heard of Pirtek i will look into them im sure they wont be close to me either.Where are they based?

Cheers

pdd144c

They have loads of outlets.

www.pirtek.co.uk

TEKNOPUG

The "T25" is just a generic term for that size of turbo housing from Garrett. Ie: it will fit a manifold with a T25 sized flange but there may well be many differences between "T25" turbo units.

Anyway, I digress. With regards to the oil return, you need the fitting that corresponds with your turbo's outlet. The other end will be whatever size you are planning to tap the sump with.

peter

Yes after alot of looking at different turbos i found that out the hard way lol

I wont be tapping the sump as there is all ready the oil return there as it is a 2.0 8v turbo engine im asuming you have to remove the sump to remove the oil return pipe as i can't see any other way of taking it off.

I have emailed DP engineering so that should be the oil feed sorted i hope

Just need to fabricate the turbo elbow now :)

peter

Thanks pdd144c Pirtek look fantastic i may take go and see if they have the correct fitting because i dout they could just look up fittings for a t25 turbo and a peugeot engine :)

sonofsam

Good luck with it Peter, let us know how you get on.

What A/R is the T25 you have?

peter

Its a .48 inlet from what i can remember but it was very cheap so i will make up all the parts to fit that then upgrade to a t28 eventualy

I would be fitting it now if i had the oil lines.

Just out of interest is there any pics of a tt exhaust elbow anywhere?

Cheers

Sign in to follow this