• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt Holley

Xu10j4rs Engine From A Citroen

Matt Holley

Hello I am looking into buying a Xu10j4rs engine as found in a 306 gti6 and the citroen xsara vts, I have found one that is in a vts, does anyone know if you need a transpoder box and key chip like the gti6 engine conversions do when fitting it in a 205.

Thanks

welshpug

if you plan on using the original ecu you either need the whole lot or to get the ecu unlocked.

cybernck

yes you'll need it so try to take out complete wiring.

http://upload.cybernck.com/306/gti6motor15.jpg

i *think* you can unlock the ecu by disconnecting the immobiliser while the engine is running

but that's not of much help when the engine is already out of the car or not being able to run

for any other reason... but Maxi should know more as he's done several conversions already :).

jonnie205

Just get the ecu unlocked or get and engine that you can heare running and do the unplugging trick. I wouldnt mess about fitting all that immobiliser stuff as there is lots of it and it will over complicate things. Just umplug the loom by the front panlel and leave the rest in the car. Some xsara's dont even have immobilisers so you may be ok

VisaGTi16v

I think all VTS's came as standard with alarm, immobiliser and deadlocks, my W reg one certainly does. Perhaps ask on the 306 gti 6 forum. Theres a few VTS owners on there

Edited by VisaGTi16v

whizzer71

Unplug the Ecu with ignition on but with engine not running and this will de activate the immobiliser provided that you reconnect the Ecu once the immobiliser side of it has been disconnected.

:)

Matt Holley

Thanks all the engine is still in the car and running, I wont be removing it the seller is but you think if you disconect the ecu with the ignition on it deactivates the immobiliser :)

Sign in to follow this