• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anton green

Seeing As My Mi16 Head Is Coming Off, Can I Use Gti6 Parts For Any Imp

Anton green

Seeing as I am taking my Mi16 head off, can I use GTi6 parts when I rebuild for any improvements in output as the GTi6 makes more horsepower as standard?

Edited by Anton green

boldy205

could be totaly wrong but theres something in the back of my mind saying manifolds, inlet or exhaust? try defining a search with these.

taylorspug

Exhaust manifold from the 6 will go on, but its not exactly 5 minutes work. Maxi has done it, may be worth asking him. :blink:

Miles

The Inlet will fit but again getting the TPS to work isn't a 5 min job, Bar that fit the GTi6 head

Anton green

Hi Miles, seems as though you know the GTI6 head will give an increase in performance..? Do you know a ballpark figure of the power/torque increases?

Do you also know if it is a straight swap with the other Mi16 parts (gaskets etc)? -for that matter, the exhaust manifold and inlet manifold? Valves?

Jeez, the more I think about it it is going to be a major cost and headache methinks...

Miles

The head itself is quite a different animal, The valves use smaller stem's, The cam's are a better design and you could say it's more like any other 16v head as it's not a oil bath like the old MI16 head's,

I havn;t looked into fitting one to the Mi engine but the same type of head is fitted to the XU7 engine found in the 406 and 306 16v's which uses a Alloy block with the same bore as the 1905cc engine

Sign in to follow this