• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anton green

When Putting An Mi16 Into A 205, Is It The Manifold Or The Downpipe Wh

Anton green

When putting an Mi16 into a 205, is it the manifold or the downpipe which fouls the bulkhead? Could I get a custom downpipe bent up to avoid the bulkhead, or would it be far too tight a fit?

jim205GTI

It is the manifold which fouls the bulkhead......... there are a few ways which can solve this..... one is to get a custom exhaust manifold ... someone on here i am sure supplies them? :angry: another is to reweld the manifold which a few companies do..... and the one i did was buy a wedge from QEP which is put between the head and the manifold and angles the manifold down a bit further :P ..... i was lucky with my downpipe as it appears not to need shortening but have heard some do

johnrobertgordon

Martin@PRD does reangled inlet and exhaust manifolds.

Thats a fiver you owe me Martin :angry:

Miles

3 options the first 2 are really the cheapest way by buy

1. re-welded/angled manifold £80 ish

2. re-angled plate £??

3. 4-2-1 manifold £325.00

Pro and cons

1. Manifold's are known to start leaking so expensive if you need to replace it

2. With the re-angle plate it's easy to swap manifolds

Both of the above needs to have shortened and re-angled downpipe which can take some time to get right if you;ve never done this or have access to welding equipment.

3. Easy to fit and give better power & toque over the std one, I always fit these as it saves time for me.

holemi

does anyone know how much the reangle plate from QEP costs ??? im at that stage of conversion now and am looking at the different options :P

davev

cant remember exactly but £76 sounds familiar. this was over a year ago so it might have changed.

dave.

Sign in to follow this