• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anthony_Duffin

Which Sump Baffle Kit For Mi16

Guest Anthony_Duffin

Hi everyone,

i am looking round the forum and i have seen that people mention the subject of oil starvation with MI16's when being tracked. Firstly, i notice that people say that the peugeot sport works sump is one of the best albeit expensive, are there any alternatives? I am looking to buy one and fit it but i cant seem to find any suppliers after searching on here and on google.

I have noticed that people just weld a plate into the sump with a gate to allow the oil to reduce the problem, do many people run this setup and is it any good?

Any advice on this would be great guys because i am a little unsure and i want to have do it properly.

Cheers Ant

:lol:

smckeown
I am looking to buy one and fit it but i cant seem to find any suppliers after searching on here and on google.

Search for the XU10 sump

These guys will make you a baffled sump that actually works and fits the ali sump http://www.des-developments.com

Sean

Guest Anthony_Duffin

Cheers mate, i have popped them off an email. Can you remember off the top of your head how much they are?

Cheers Ant

:lol:

smckeown

no i don't know how much they are. But search here using xu10 and sump and you will find out what solution people are using now to resolve the oil surge. If I had an mi16 still i'd be going down the extended pickup/xu10 baffle solution.

Guest Anthony_Duffin

ahhh right ok thanks for that mate, i will do a search here then and see what i get back.

Cheers for the help fella :lol:

Ant

VisaGTi16v

I am using a proper Pug sport one however its designed for the iron 8v sumps. If you want to use the 16v ally one you have to cut a small bit inside and make a new hole for the dipstick in order to fit it due to different ribbing inside the sump.

petert
I have noticed that people just weld a plate into the sump with a gate to allow the oil to reduce the problem, do many people run this setup and is it any good?

It's called a trap door sump. Peugeot must think its good as all the XU10 engines have a baffled trap door sump and don't suffer the oil surge problems of the XU9 engines with open sumps.

I've spent quite a bit of time dealing with this issue. I convert XU9 sumps and also extend the pickups so a deeper sump can be used. Most of the track/race 205's in Australia use my wet sump system and none have blown up due to oil surge problems.

There's been considerable discussion on the topic over the years.

Guest RsDarren
It's called a trap door sump. Peugeot must think its good as all the XU10 engines have a baffled trap door sump and don't suffer the oil surge problems of the XU9 engines with open sumps.

I've spent quite a bit of time dealing with this issue. I convert XU9 sumps and also extend the pickups so a deeper sump can be used. Most of the track/race 205's in Australia use my wet sump system and none have blown up due to oil surge problems.

There's been considerable discussion on the topic over the years.

Hi Pete,

I'm developing the 205 with Ant, can you by the trap door system read to weld in or is it something we would have to fabricate?

Also if we do have to fabricate the trap door system do you know of any technical drawings/construction drawings that we could use? I.e positions to place the trap door so it doesn't foul any other part of the engine, etc etc....

Cheers,

Daz

petert

I can send you the plate/door assembly ready to weld in.

Guest Anthony_Duffin

Hi pete,

How much do you think it would be with delivery?

Cheers pal

Sign in to follow this