• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DTORU

Intercooler Pipework

DTORU

Ive almost finished building my new motor but needs some intercooler pipe work sorting and i have a cossie 2wd intercooler that i need to mount but not sure where and how? any ideas?

Thanks

DTORU

Guest BrainFluid

Most folk put it near (behind/infont/under) the rad as far as I have seen mate. But I bet its going to be a pain if your using the standard intake manifold on the XUD7T what with the exit of the turbo and the inlet of the manifold being so close together.

Is the engine out of the car? That would make your life eaiser for measuring up that particular bit.

Got any piccys so far man?

sonofsam

Uhg if its for a diesel im not interested in helping :) Only Joking :lol:

Yes most people fit it where the front grille usually sits, by dropping the radiator on some brackets.

Forum members Fuqa and Kuuner aslo have mounted a cossy IC behind the lower valance.

Have a search under those names, also Ant and Alex_G. loads of topics with explanations and pictures.

Some pics in my project thread also, including a nice website with a database of different intercoolers, maybe ones more suited to an oil burner in dimensions, as Nate mentioned you might have problems.

Its not the easiest no matter what cooler you use!

Pictures of what your trying to achieve will help us help you :)

As for the pipework, Silicone lengths and elbows can be bought, just dont use plain old rubber hoses if your running any descent pressure!

Banjo

Sorry to hijack but what are the max bhp you'd get from 2wd cossie intercooler and a 4x4 one please?

Cheers, Ben.

Banjo

Sweet, mines 4x4 one, running 230 brake though it will not be a problem then, cheers!

Sam

Whats up with the rs500? :(

rs500.jpg

DTORU
Most folk put it near (behind/infont/under) the rad as far as I have seen mate. But I bet its going to be a pain if your using the standard intake manifold on the XUD7T what with the exit of the turbo and the inlet of the manifold being so close together.

Is the engine out of the car? That would make your life eaiser for measuring up that particular bit.

Got any piccys so far man?

Its a motor from a Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD which has been 100% rebuilt with all new genuine peugeot parts and the addition of a crank and fly wheel balance, ARP Rod Bolts and uprated head gasket.

Cossie 2WD Intercooler

Turbo Technics One Off Turbo (can produce over 2 bar boost)

Piper One off Performance Cam

Ported, gas flowed head

Uprated Injectors

Mocal Air to Oil Cooler Kit for an MI16 with upgraded larger sized oil cooler

Nitrous Oxice (75BHP)

Fitting the engine this weekend, MOT on 15th FEB

Whats Left:

To pruchase the water injection kit and tank

MOT & TAX

Fit NOS kit

Fit NOS Controller

custom make Intercooler pipe work

Going for a minimun of 150BHP, hoping for 200+ bhp with out nos

Quickest 205 Diesel and its going on the track! lol.

Who needs an MI! Derv all he way! and i get more MPG, lol.

Thanks

DTORU

Malachy
Its a motor from a Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD which has been 100% rebuilt with all new genuine peugeot parts and the addition of a crank and fly wheel balance, ARP Rod Bolts and uprated head gasket.

Cossie 2WD Intercooler

Turbo Technics One Off Turbo (can produce over 2 bar boost)

Piper One off Performance Cam

Ported, gas flowed head

Uprated Injectors

Mocal Air to Oil Cooler Kit for an MI16 with upgraded larger sized oil cooler

Nitrous Oxice (75BHP)

Fitting the engine this weekend, MOT on 15th FEB

Whats Left:

To pruchase the water injection kit and tank

MOT & TAX

Fit NOS kit

Fit NOS Controller

custom make Intercooler pipe work

Going for a minimun of 150BHP, hoping for 200+ bhp with out nos

Quickest 205 Diesel and its going on the track! lol.

Who needs an MI! Derv all he way! and i get more MPG, lol.

Thanks

DTORU

the power delivery will still be about as much fun as a cholonic though.............

nothing nothing nothing BAM power for 2 secs, nothing nothing nothing

it will still drive like a derv that is why people want mi16s speed is not everything its the way it drives and the power is delivered.

im not anti derv my daily driver is a 205stdt and i have had quite a few and driven a few modern ones including the 330d etc , but still its just not as fun as petrol.

Edited by Malachy

max0
Whats up with the rs500? :lol:

rs500.jpg

Yikes - if i saw that in my rear view mirror id be slowing down to let you past! looks a right animal

DTORU
the power delivery will still be about as much fun as a cholonic though.............

nothing nothing nothing BAM power for 2 secs, nothing nothing nothing

it will still drive like a derv that is why people want mi16s speed is not everything its the way it drives and the power is delivered. im not anti derv my daily driver is a 205stdt and i have had quite a few and driven a few modern ones including the 330d etc , but still its just not as fun as petrol.

I know the power dilivery will be different to a petrol but the derv will pull from nothing ans to stop the sudden stop of power just remove the rev limit to 7000 and it will produce power up to 6000, where the mi would start off weak then pull to 7000. Thats why i like dervs the torque is amazing.

150bhp 19td prduces 200ft-lb torque, the mi at 150 has 140ish theres the differece, same power but the derv has more torque.

Put my present 1.8TD against a 1.6 gti petrol and theres no comparrison exept that the derv accelerates quicker but wont rev as high so the top end is better on the 1.6.

Just thought i try to be different and try something a little crazy, i know the Mi will have the speed advantage (140-150) were as my project will only do 125 but i should get there quicker if my findings of the 1.6 and 1.8td are anything to go by. Less gear changes to.

The project is a first as far as im aware so it will be a bit hit or miss but if i dont try i wont find out. if it should be a flop im going for a turbo'ed S16 motor that im building as a backup.

Thanks

DTORU

Sign in to follow this