• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rallycoops

Changing Pin Lever On Be1 Gearbox

Guest rallycoops

Hi there,

I am in the process of swapping gearboxes on a 205 (both BE1, but the new one has 4.8CWP and Quaife Diff). However, at some point the previous owner has swapped the gear change mechanism for rose jointed whereas the current one has a quickshift and standard based (Constella) rods.

Looking at the arm (only one has rose jointed links) which I think is the Pin Lever (the one that goes in and out) and reading through previous posts it looks like I need to knock out the two rolled pins (7mm and 4mm) but I noticed in one of the posts that this releases an internal spindle / shaft and if your not careful you end up taking the box apart!

Is this the case, is there an easier way to do what I need to do? One other odd thing is that the new box uses nuts to hold on the two gearbox mounted arms rather than pins does this mean it is a new or older variant?

Anyway, any help appreciated (I am reasonably sure they are both BE1 boxes as neither has the ball joint type lever which seems to indicate a BE3 box).

Thanks for reading and evern more thanks if you can help (or possibly sell me a new lever and I'll leave the current one intact!).

Cheers,

Alasdair

Miles

The selector at the back of the box is fine to change it's just the top one as it locates in a channel on the main selector shaft and if this drop's it's difficult to get back in the right place working blind, You could tack weld a bolt on the main spindle to hold up while removing the arm as it's only needed when fitting it again, Or if all else fail's just take the Diff cover off and you can stick your finger in and holt it up.

Have a search as you might even find some pic's of it as I know it's been gone over a few time before

Guest rallycoops
The selector at the back of the box is fine to change it's just the top one as it locates in a channel on the main selector shaft and if this drop's it's difficult to get back in the right place working blind, You could tack weld a bolt on the main spindle to hold up while removing the arm as it's only needed when fitting it again, Or if all else fail's just take the Diff cover off and you can stick your finger in and holt it up.

Have a search as you might even find some pic's of it as I know it's been gone over a few time before

Thanks Miles, much appreciated. I will have another hunt around it's just about finding the right search term!!

Cheers,

Alasdair :D

Sign in to follow this