• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
acox99

Conrods

acox99

Hi Guys,

basically just wondering if anyones got any advice or experience on where to get balanced, lightened, forged?, conrods for the 2L mi? i need to get some and was hoping someone could head me in a good direction!

Cheers Ali

Mikey S

quality engineered products (qep) do them i think. you wil find there contact details on the main website. :ph34r:

Sie

Arrow Precision Engineering usually have steel 'H' rods in stock for reasonable money .

Mattsav

We have conrods for the 1.9 Mi16, 2.0S16 and the GTI-6.

We also have Steel cranks for all of the above :blush:

benlilly

Aren't the std rods good for up to 200bhp?

niklas
We have conrods for the 1.9 Mi16, 2.0S16 and the GTI-6.

We also have Steel cranks for all of the above :)

What kind of price ranges do we look at? :blink:

Guest mg3

Does anyone know the details for using 5.0/5.7 L Small Block Chevy conecting rods on a 1.9 mi16 ?? I remember reading about it. It might be an option to look into.

M_R_205
Aren't the std rods good for up to 200bhp?

i was under the impression that the std rods could handle quite high bhp but struggle with revs, as the rod 99.9% of the time snaps on the exhaust stroke when it has to pull the piston back down, and there is more force the higer you rev, whereas on the comprssion stroke it loses its energy squashing everything

Sign in to follow this