• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest justinhincks87

Group N Camshaft

Guest justinhincks87

Hi, one of my mates has offered me what you would call a group N camshaft. i dont know much about these but im justin wondering if any 1 could explain what it basicly is. he told me also my engine might blow up easier as well. any help please :}

Ahl

Group N is basically standard production class. Most of the stuff is optimised but within standard dimensions etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_N

The use of Group N Cam profiles these are normally used in cars where the Championship rules specify that standard cam profiles must be used. But the FIA & most other motor sport governing bodies give a tolerance which is usually + or 2 Degrees on the duration & + or 0.2mm on the lift. So these are taken advantage of on special ground profiles that are extremely accurately ground to the upper limits of these tolerances. But unfortunately the gains from this type of profile are very small. In Group N type Championships though, any small gain is always worth having, but for any other competition where such rules do not apply we would not recommend this type of profile.

If its a true group N camshaft, then I would take from the above information that it makes no difference worth having.

Sign in to follow this