• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
WildCards

Custom Ss Exhaust

WildCards

I've got a track only 1.6 205 GTi with a 4-2-1 manifold, but the exhaust is just the bog standard rusty effort with some bolox Peco big bore back box. A mate of mine has just started producing custom stainless steel downpipes and exhaust system to order and i've got the chance to get one at a cracking price.

I'm thinking of getting a single silencer 2" system made up to run along the existing route, but i've got an Mi engine sitting waiting to go in at some point, probably next winter, will this be suitable with that engine aswell?

And also can anyone tell me if this is a better bet than buying a Grp N system off the shelf from OMP, am i right in thinking 2.5" will be too large/loud?

I'm not after power, just an exhaust with a longer shelf life than my current one.

EDIT/ I have searched, but nothing seemed to answer my question adequately.

Edited by WildCards

sonofsam

Whats the price? and what grade of stainless steel is it?

WildCards

I'm buggered if I can find the email now, but It'll be cheaper than the OMP equivalent (£249.99). I don't know much about steel grades, he said it was good which was enough for me, he's doing the same sort of thing for Supra's and Galant VR4's and I asked if he could whip something up for me.

What would a good price and grade be do you reckon?

welshpug

check on ebay, OMP is a lot cheaper there :unsure:

sonofsam

OMP is aluminised steel, so not stainless steel I guess. Not saying one will outlast the other as I dont know.

304 is the most common grade of ST/ST , some more info here:http://www.azom.com/details.asp?ArticleID=965#_Heat_Resistance

316 is one of the highest grades i think, used in chip shops and hospitals...and my exhaust lol, built to last..

Im sure your mate knows his stuff then, may well be worth a punt then. Always nice to be able to buy quality products of a mate too :unsure:

WildCards

I managed to talk to him over the weekend, 304 is the grade he'll be using. I need to get my exhaust off sometime in Feb for him to build it up from. If he can do them cheap enough, i'll talk to him about doing more for people on here.

Sign in to follow this