• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scumbag

Fse Boost Valves

scumbag

Are these any good? What kind of benefits do you get from them and are the hard to fit? Or are the best steered clear of. Your opinions / experiences please!!!

welshpug

no need on most engines, even tuned on standard injection dont need them.

M3Evo

No, none and probably not.

I believe that all they do is turn up the fuel pressure everywhere, despite what the advertising says.

Batfink

my experience is that they give you bore wash. £70 to f*** up your engine - no thanks

scumbag

cheers guys exactly the response I expected!

veloce200
cheers guys exactly the response I expected!

they are marketed as power boost valves. the main reason people use them on "proper" cars is that you can set your fuel pressure. eg if you tune your engine and need more than the injectors can give at the base pressure. you can buy them with a gauge built in as well. The rising rate thing is only really of any use if you have a specific issue with a car. some modern cars run a bit lean on acceleration mapping so they make those cars "feel" better. Agree though with other comments as a bolt on performance mod probably limited.

Baz

Got a couple lying around as in my experience they're crap, as said just add pressure and generally not needed.

Someone told me that after they're adjusted too much they can get even worse as the diaphram inside weakens or something like that?

TB_205GTI

About three years ago a user on this forum posted a little video of a FSE valve on his 205. With the std. pressure regulator the pressure was fine and stable - with the FSE the pressure was all over the place. Conclusion nothing worth.

If you need to up the pressure a bit (due to injectors running on the edge) buy a proper bosch valve or a _good_ adjustable one.

smckeown
my experience is that they give you bore wash. £70 to f*** up your engine - no thanks

If it's set up on a good RR (i.e. one who uses an AFR) then there's no reason why you should get too rich a mixture.

Then aain, my 8v race engine had one, the RR operator was happy with it, but I suffered a borewash problem soon after; exact culprit not known :( (would have been the build, could have been the 2nd mapping session, could have been the FSE..who knows)

I had a good experience on my stock mi16, that was setup on the RR too

Batfink

well in my case we wound the PBV to its minimum setting and it still overfueled the car. This was with the correct model for the car.

All tested by a well trusted mechanic who spent his working years in a peugeot garage.

Baz
well in my case we wound the PBV to its minimum setting and it still overfueled the car. This was with the correct model for the car.

All tested by a well trusted mechanic who spent his working years in a peugeot garage.

Exactly as mine, had soo much trouble with it, couldn't pass an MOT Emissions test until it was removed.

richard

I have one on the 1.9

At a recent rolling road event the operator seemed pleased that i had one so he could adjust the fuelling as they are a 'bugger' to sort out otherwise (i quote)

I know the engines not leaning out at the top end which is in my book fine.

Horses for courses and all that...mine came already fitted on the car. I've got a normal one ready to fit should it play up or go faulty, i'll probably put it back to standard. But in my own experience its not caused me any problems.

hengti
I have one on the 1.9

At a recent rolling road event the operator seemed pleased that i had one so he could adjust the fuelling as they are a 'bugger' to sort out otherwise (i quote)

I know the engines not leaning out at the top end which is in my book fine.

Horses for courses and all that...mine came already fitted on the car. I've got a normal one ready to fit should it play up or go faulty, i'll probably put it back to standard. But in my own experience its not caused me any problems.

same for me - the tuner i used to use insisted on setting the fuelling up with one.

i think they're fine so long as they're properly set up; not noticed any problems from mine anyway.

boldy205

i have one on a 1.9. not really worth the money new. i got mine second hand as i was intrested.

as said, no point on a std. engine.

Matt.

snillet

The diaphragm is fairly fragile in the FSE valves, if you mock around to much with the adjuster then they become very unstable until you put a new diaphragm in it. Friends of mine has used them on turbo volvo engines with good results when changing injectors and lots of other stuff. So the quality on them i think is reasonable considering they´re quite cheap compared to other brands.

But as said above, not much use on a standard machine, as any adjustable regulator.

DamirGTI

Hi !

I have one of these FSE valve bought from our member "Hengti" and was really helpful for tuning mixture on my modified engine - I've had problems with too lean mixture because i have ported head angle seats... high CR etc. ....

And also i passed at the MOT few days ago with no problems what so ever , the CO at idle was very good (I've set this by myself ! with feel - my ears nose and eyes :) )

So no probs with this valves for me even when I'm checking mixture with a lambda sensor everything works fine ..

but of course me thinks that this boost valve is of no use on standard engine :unsure:

Cheers :)

Damir

Sign in to follow this