• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bam

Hdi Bi-turbo // 1.6 16v Turbo

Bam

hi,

have visted the homepage of peugeot.have found some new intressting engineconcepts.

has anybode experience with stock tuning of the

2.2 hdi bi-turbo 170

1.6 16v turbo 150

?

cheers

ehm... 309 2.2 HDI bi-turbo sounds also nice :o

Ryan

Afaik the 1.6 16V turbo is a joint pug/bmw development. It's going in the new Mini Cooper, and a whole load of other cars.

Somebody on here built a twin-turbo HDI a while ago, it had something like 230bhp iirc.

Bam

@hilgi

wow... :o:P:P

@ryan

i know i know...but...someone was faster...

but why he is running only on 230hp...?hm...

mik

Banjo

Because he has 400 Nm of torque!!

Bam

i think...

its the "older" engine..with one turbo and 136hp

not the bi-turbo with 170hp.

...at this point...very good performance!

mik

Hilgie

It is the 2.2-16V HDI engine with originally 170bhp. Comes with a 6-spd manual gearbox as well :huh:

inferno

ive been looking for one of these engines myself since seeing that miami! but only finding 2.1 12v engines :)

Hilgie

Which aren't bad either...can be tuned more easily and a twin-turbo setup hasn't been tried on those.

TB_205GTI

As I understand it the main reason Lars didnøt run more than 230Bhp in his 2.2 is because one of the turboes were a tad too small for the application. This is what I was told by the guys who remap lars's cars - so information might be inaccurate.

The 2.2 is mental in the 205, but he also has a 2.2 16V in his 206. The engine in the 206 before was a 2.0 8V (originally 90Bhp, same as mine) with 207Bhp and I *think* 390Nm

Lars is absolutely mental when it comes to HDI tuning, but definately one of the best ressources in Denmark.

here is it in a 402M race against a 306 GTI with approx. 200Bhp. (here it still has the 2.0 8V)

http://www.efterz.com/lars/206hdi_vs_306_gti200bhp.mpeg

And here a small 40-200km/t video with the 2.2 16V.

http://www.efterz.com/lars/206_2.2HDI/40-200.wmv

and here

Bam

nice vid...

wow...thats push's very hard! :lol:

but..from where he recieve this engines?!

the 2.2 16v dw12 is very new engine...he will not strip a 406 2.2 bi-turbo hdi??? :)

cheers mik

Hilgie

As far as I know he got the engine from a wrecked Citroen C5. And yes...it is a new engine, so won't be cheap at all.

TB_205GTI
As far as I know he got the engine from a wrecked Citroen C5. And yes...it is a new engine, so won't be cheap at all.

From a 607 2.2 16V. Remember the engine Lars uses is not the all new bi-tubo thingy.

huxley309

Sod that what about the 2.7 v6 twin turbo hdi now that would be an engine to put in :lol:

Hilgie

True....but as it is a 90 degree engine (instead of 60 degree) is it probably a pig to fit!

Sign in to follow this