• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

K-light On Bx Loom?

Ryan

I've traced the k-light output from the ECU (pin 17) to the black 2-pin connector near the 2 relays on the BX 16V loom - which I'm guessing is the diagnostic socket. I know I can connect the dashboard light here, but is there another connection for it?

Ryan

I've read those 2 threads already. Neither of them answer my question. The first is about the wiring behind the dash (which I've done), the 2nd only provides an answer if you use the 405 loom, not the BX one.

pugrallye

wiring behind the 205 dash should already be there (in the clock loom) down by steering column multiplugs, all you have to do is find the K light wire coming from the ecu, this is normally a dedicated wire, not running through the diagnostic plug at all, nor spurring elsewhere through the loom

Edited by pugrallye

Ryan

I've tested the BX loom with a multimeter and the only connection I could find from pin 17 of the ECU (the k-light output) was to the diagnostic socket. There is a red blade terminal near it, but no connection to anything I could find.

pug_ham

Just looked at my BX loom & like you say pin 17 goes to the diagnostic plug, so does pin 4 but I have a spare wire by the injection relay that also goes to pin 12 on the ecu plug & looking at the BX ecu these three pins & wires are tied into the K light imo.

Graham.

pugrallye

assuming ecu is a bosch mp3.1??? just had a look at circuit diagrams...

pin 17 is your k light/ eml light output whatever you want to call it, its wire should spur into pin 2 of the diag plug, also occupied by a wire from pin 4 of ecu, for light to illuminate, ecu will ground that wire out.

Edited by pugrallye

Ryan

Sorry, it's the older Motronic 4.1. I forgot to mention it.

pugrallye

okay, lol will go check a different diagram then

pug_ham

The wiring diagram I was using when I was going over the BX loom I have here was for the 4.1 system. Thats all thats shown for the BX 16v in my copy of the Haynes.

Graham.

Ryan

Thanks for that.

My BX haynes doesn't have any wiring for the 16v. ^_^

The wiring diagrams I've just found here say that 4 & 12 are for the diagnostic socket, and 17 for the lamp, although testing the loom clearly shows that that isn't the case. :angry:

pug_ham

Mine has it right at the back in the supplement section, diagram number 13.80 on p440.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this