• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ATK

Anyone used repro rear quarter window seals from Youngtimers?

ATK

As above - how have you found them?

i bought a set - not cheap - and the fit was terrible, not much bigger than used ones and haven’t kept the rain out.

got a set on order from the Peugeot museum instead so hopefully they will be better!

sp_en_ny

For my cab i bought new window seals front and back and door seals which were far from being cheap, they are a huge improvement on the originals i took off as had shrunk and cosmetically ruined. I still have some gaps so not perfect but much better then what was there and the only place that had them in the 8 years of owning the car.

I would certainly use them again based on this experience.

Anthony

I bought a set of the Youngtimer ones a few weeks back, which arrived within a week despite the pessimistic timescales displayed on the site.

They're certainly miles better than any of the original, shrunken seals I had and the water ingress has slowed considerably, but frustratingly hasn't disappeared completely - not immediately clear whether water is still coming past the seals somehow or (as I suspect) there's actually another leak somewhere, given that the seals themselves are bone dry after heavy rain.

Is the fit perfect and am I completely satisfied with them? No - I would say that they probably need to be about another 5-10mm long as they don't quite fully butt up in the corners, and I'm not entirely convinced that the profile is correct as the quarter window has noticeable resistance closing now and the seal sort of "muffin tops" out and around the glass as the window closes, both of which I can't see being how they would have been brand new out of the factory.

Be interesting to see how you find the Peugeot museum supplied seals - I was debating getting them, but couldn't really justify the near doubling of cost when, at least up until then, I hadn't heard anything bad about the YT repro seals.