• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ATK

Should inside the rear 1/4 panel have drain holes to sill?

ATK

Got a leak where inside the rear 1/4 panel behind the trim card are filling up with water along the little channel.  Probably from my read window seals. 

question is - should this area have any drain holes or not (ie to drain into the sill underneath)? 

had new sills etc previously so wasn’t sure if I’m missing them as water is collecting there. 

am sorting new seams to sort the root cause by the way!!

Leslie green

Id need to check but I think there is an oval  slot just behind the outer skin that goes into the sill 

• Like 1

welshpug

Yes they do have one at least.

Tom Fenton

Picture = 1000 words etc

Here’s one I cut open recently.

New pattern sills I’ve used have this detail replicated fairly accurately.

IMG_8578.jpeg

ATK

Thanks Tom for the pic

i had my sills done about 10 years ago, this is a pic inside the car behind the rear trim below the quarter windows

i can’t see any visible drain holes here, am I correct that there should be a visible one along the channel? 

obviously the issue is to stop water getting there in the first place but I’m trying to establish if there should be a drain hole there just in case 

ATK

Thanks Tom for the pic

i had my sills done about 10 years ago, this is a pic inside the car behind the rear trim below the quarter windows

i can’t see any visible drain holes here, am I correct that there should be a visible one along the channel? 

obviously the issue is to stop water getting there in the first place but I’m trying to establish if there should be a drain hole there just in case 

IMG_0531.jpeg