• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Bremar

Air intake location just behind grill blocked?

Bremar
Posted (edited)

Hi,

You guys were very helpful when I asked a question about the air filter size and make. Whilst sorting that out, I followed the pipework down to the air inlet and it appears to be blocked off at the grill end. I’ve attached a link to a YouTube video and I would appreciate any thoughts on the location of this intake.  I would add that the car runs and drives without apparent issue. Also,  I don’t particularly want to put on a different intake that just sits in the engine bay and drawers in engine bay hot air, as I’ve seen in some cases.
Thank you, Bremar 

Edited by Bremar
Spelling

welshpug

It's not blocked off, that's as intended from the factory, draws air from underneath.

Bremar

This morning I checked all around the air intake and unless I’m missing something the only point air enters the system is the trumpet at the end of that pipe which appears to be restricted by the black grill extension, Is there another opening somewhere?  
thanks Bremar 

IMG_3407.png

mmt

What He said. Everything as it was intended from factory. 

petert

Unfortunately, the previous owner of my car, who knows more than Peugeot engineers, drilled holes in my grill.:wacko:

Bremar

I have to say I think  Peugeot engineers must surely have got it wrong. The inlet definitely opens onto that flap. in my case without an appreciable gap. 
I have seen numerous pictures of race prepared cars with exposed filters that sit within the engine bay. There must be a reason for that (such as improved air flow I guess,  tho that wouldn’t be my choice because it introduces warm/hot air and not denser cold air). Hmmm don’t know what to do!

Thanks anyways Bremar. 

welshpug

the back of the top section of the grille is not vertical, there's a gap there.

Bremar

You are right of course there is a small gap but still feel that it is restrictive. But as I said car works fine. 

Thanks Bremar.