• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Bremar

Drivers door side trim. Peugeot 205 Gentry 1.9.

Bremar

Hi, I now own a Gentry. Not sure if this would be the correct forum for a Gentry model ( and please direct me to a better place if it exists) but here goes:

my drivers side door trim was glued/siliconed on. It appears to also have some black double sided tape to and bottom is this tape original. I have found mention on this site of the correct clips but nothing about tape. Please find attached a link to a YouTube vid of the situation.

Thank you anyone in advance. 

YouTube vid link .txt

Leslie green

People just used tape once the clips rusted away and the trim started to fall off , the metal clips are not easy to refit the best way is to remove the rivets and get new ones and put the rivet through the clip and then rivet it , trying to fit clips to existing rivets is tough and often they will just shear off.

Bremar

Thank you Leslie, I will find some double sided tape of the correct thickness, clean up the area and reinstate. 
Bremar. 

welshpug

Tape is not original,  should have metal clips on the rivets,   I've never had a rivet shear off.

Bremar

Thanks welshpug 

I've found what I believe are the clips and attached a current ebay link too. Unless anyone knows of a better source I’ll buy these as I will probably need the exra ones as time goes by. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175434246284?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=BxhrsMyMQ_C&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=47EjaL2QTVO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_2818.png

Bremar

I can however see why the tape is useful as the trim is perhaps,  no longer perfectly shaped. Tho I guess without the clips the inset strip needs separate glueing? 
thanks again

Bremar.  

welshpug

There's two clips, your link shows the ones that hold the red strip in place AND the top of the trim, the lower edge slides under metal clips on the lower row of rivets.

Bremar

ThanksIll try to find tge clips for the rivets too. Thanks again. Very helpful. Bremar

Leslie green

Peugeot did sell a trim kit in a little box with enough parts for a complete side like below cost about 50 quid ,has all the clips but depends with you need as 10 rivets are about 15 quid on their own . Rivets shearing of is maybe more to do with cars like mine being repainted and there is a thicker depth of paint/ filler so makes the clips harder to fit , have heard of others with the same issue,  on an original paint car this may not be an issue .pic of box of clips below part 6994.44

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126591440923?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dZSPeCnwRGa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=dwDk9pSjQyO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=FB_MSG

Edited by Leslie green

Bremar

Nice but a bit expensive. I am starting to see why people use double sided tape. However, I should probably take the plunge to get it right and have left overs. 
I have a fuel gauge issue I will post about too

Thanks again. 

Leslie green

I agree they are expensive and I've bought a few sets ,If its just the one trim piece buy 6  metal clips on their own for 8 quid  ,those are for the lower rivets and 7 plastic clips for to hold the chrome trim on you may even have some still attached , the metal clips turn to dust over the years .

Edited by Leslie green

Bremar

That sounds like a better option.  Soulf get it done by next weekend and will be nice to have the door strip back on. 
Thanks again

Bremar.