• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Don Howarth

Don Howarth

Don Howarth

Hi from New Zealand. I have a grey ex Japan import 1992 205 CTi 1.9 auto +p/s with cat convertor. I am seeking a cambelt kit + water pump & in communication with a Japanese parts supplier he has asked for the OE part numbers for the the belt kit & water pump, Please can anyone help me out with these 6 digit numbers. Peugeot dealers here don't want to know about "old models" no matter how good they are. My car is in good condition, red and has a powered operated hood. I am 82 and also have a 1.6 CTi of 1990 which was given to me due to a stuffed engine & a rusty floor. I have restored that car over 2 years, at considerable cost. Floor was sandblasted inside & out, cut & welded, undersealed. I painted the interior, replaced rusted seats, replaced engine with a lower miles one, replaced missing carpet. No power steer, its a 5 speeder & the 92 1.9 is an easier 205 for these old shoulders, so that car will go next summer.

P1110048.JPG

P1110380.JPG

stewal

https://pug1off.com/

I would try these guys: their online shop has both listed, they are very knowledgeable and probably a better bet than trying to source from  Japan.

Gohn

huh Don!  didn't know there were any japanese part suppliers ? 

if I can't get parts local (most of the time), I usually get from UK or france where the shipping costs way more than the part

what's the japanese supplier name ??

haven't used pug1off but bakerbm are good. both in UK

there are two part suppliers in australia that don't have a big range but they have the maintenance parts like belt kits etc

they may be an option for ya

Euro Auto Imports :   www.eai.net.au 

or

Dapco : www.dapcoauto.com.au (never really tried these guys)

and always get the peugeot part numbers yourself to refer to otherwise suppliers cock it up. good for bodgy peugeot dealers and ebay too

the peugeot catalog is online free at:

http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/

or

https://catalogs.ssg.asia/peugeot/?lang=en

also, as yours is a 1992, double check the Build Date on your compliance plate

the changeover date is 15Jan1992

up to 15-1-92 its 113 teeth belt,   #081667

since 15-1-92 its 114 teeth belt,   #081671

and count the teeth on your old belt to be sure

Screen Shot 2024-09-08 at 8.53.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-09-08 at 8.57.22 AM.png

Gohn

and here's the part catalog page for the coolant pump  

Screen Shot 2024-09-08 at 9.11.40 AM.png

Duroc

"and count the teeth on your old belt to be sure"

If you have a sprung tensioner it is 113 teeth. A later eccentric tensioner 114 teeth, to save you counting :-) 

Don Howarth

HI GUYS, thanks for your help. My car takes the 113 x 17mm belt, therefore will need a sprung tensioner. Can I buy that separately in UIK as I have been able to locate & buy a Gates belt? If available separately what is the OE part number?

I will also need a water pump. mine looks like the one in the parts diagram supplied by Andrew above but I don't know whether mine contains asbestos or not. Is it the first one pictured above # 120163?

I have seen an after market w pump at a non franchise dealer/repairer, it was "First Line" brand part # DP015. country of origin was not printed on box.

Any further help you can offer will be much appreciated.

Tom Fenton

Hi Don

Search the internet for Gates kit KP15050XS-1

It has the timing belt, water pump and tensioner all in one box.

It can be bought for around £120 in the UK.

I've fitted plenty of them and never had an issue.

Gohn

Don,

if Tom's suggestion isn't available the sprung tensioner number is as above #082912

and yeah, the coolant pump number you need is #120163 

dont worry bout asbestos, fazed out a while back