• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Darrens205GTI

Dashboard screws

Darrens205GTI

Hi All,

I am finally getting around to putting the car back together, as it has sat in the garage for years waiting its turn. Turning out each box is a voyage into the no longer remembered and as I had said previously all my reference pics have long disolved into the ether.

Anyway on to my question..... I'm struggling to find what size screws are used to secure the lower glovebox and centre section to the upper dash. Anyone know? For some reason the small box marked dashboard doesn't contain anything that fits.

I've circled them in the picture.

2143694945_205dashscrews1.jpg.acc42b57d44258ae408210d32a094968.jpg

Any help gratefully received.

Also has anyone used the reproduction side quarter window rubbers? I have a Phase 1.5 with the grey plastic, my shrunken ones are grey retainers with black rubber do the repros come in grey?

465804473_rearquarterrubberseal.thumb.jpg.3c6a168cd7b2c41d2b06dd71f1753e28.jpg

Cheers,

Darren

Leslie green

The repro opening 1/4 window seals are out of stock and have been some time at bakerbm last time I checked  and if you go to http://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/ you should be able to get an idea of what goes where 

Darrens205GTI

Thanks for the reply Les, I can't see the lower facia in the diagrams, I've ordered a selection of interior screws off of Amazon, hopefully theres a fit in there

Cheers,

Darren

Leslie green

I was actually at this today by chance they are self tappers about 10mm long ,item B below 4 x 10mm, although some on mine may have been a little longer but the lower glovebox mount needs the same fine screws or you will bust the plastic . Its very easy to lose those vertical 4 screws inside the dash if they slip as its very hard to see where they go ,I was upside down on a cushion with passenger seat out .

https://www.miamistu.co.uk/pug/GB/205N/8/82C30A.HTM

Edited by Leslie green

Darrens205GTI

Top man Les, thanks very much, looks like I ordered the correct size of screw.

Cheers,

Darren

• Like 1