• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

306 ABS Plug Connections

cRaig
Posted (edited)

Hello, me again!

We've made a start fitting the 306 ABS system (all of the mechanical stuff is done, bracket & pump fitted etc.)

Most of the loom is self explanatory - if you start by plugging in the motor/control & orientate it accordingly the earth, all four wheel sensors are fairly obvious. It's the JPT female plugs we are having difficulties identifying:

- The yellow plug is presumably an ignition switched live for the power supply (from the front relay box)

- Blue 2 pin - Unsure - Possibly for turning the ABS warning light on (Which I think is the currently redundant plug behind the expansion tank if I recall correctly?)

- Green 3 pin - Unsure?

53947317936_55ed730db4_c.jpg

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for a 306 ABS system or a 306 engine bay that you guys would mind checking for me? :)

Thanks a lot!

Cheers, 

Craig

Edited by cRaig

welshpug
Posted (edited)

how's this for you, unfortunately doesn't show colours but does have wire numbers, made a total guess at 1997 for the system, though I don't think there's much variation for the Bosch 5.3 system that uses the load compensator, the later post 99/2000 system uses EBD without load compensators and has a few more connections

It is quite straightforward being a single permanent live (split into two pins),    this will be the yellow plug on a 60A fuse.

a single switched live, an abs lamp and a brake light switch, two earth pins,   a single wire for a diagnostic connection.

97 306 abs.pdf

Edited by welshpug

cRaig

Awesome, thanks Welshpug. It is indeed the earlier system- I still have the crusty load compensator off the beam to use as a template for the brake pipes!

Cheers, 

Craig