• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
drj545

Front Caliper Pentagon Bolts

drj545

I’m spending a bit of time overhauling the front callipers off my 1.9. Although they look terrible, the pistons are in excellent condition. 

Has anyone got a steer on replacements for these pentagon bolts that hold the caliper together? I hastily hammered a torx bit in to get them out, as I thought they were rusted Allen heads. But only realised they were these 5 sided bolts after. 
IMG_1885.jpeg.8a1deeb2a4a3caf71650454e536894f7.jpeg

I’m really not bothered about 5 sided bolts going back in, so if anyone could suggest a bolt of appropriate grade that would be great!

welshpug

Any high tensile bolt would suffice, should be marked on it, or would have been originally.

They're 5 sided because you're not meant to dismantle them there :lol:

• Thanks 1

drj545

Haha, fair enough! Peugeot didn’t account for a knucklehead like me. I just thought I could clean them up better when they’re all apart. 

I think from a quick google they were 12.9 originally so that’s what I’ll go for, cheers. 

SRDT

Pentagon bolts can add a layer of security with torque to yield bolts that shouldn't be reused and that's probably the case here.

You are unlikely to remove pentagon bolts by accident when changing brake pads, even if you don't really know what you're doing you will focus on the other bolts and successfully change the pads.

Pentagon bolts can also be used on parts that are positionned or balanced with some precision during initial assembly and shouldn't be tinkered with in the field.