• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

garygjr8@msn.com

Hi all, new on here.

garygjr8@msn.com

Hi folks.

just bought this:

53850767205_cd1645eace_k.jpg95CB29DC-2ED4-4AA1-8CB9-04442D0D9474 by Gary Rayner, on Flickr

40k miles, one lady owner, no rust, almost a 100% minter. Been trying to buy it for 7 years and finally got it. Totally unmolested and original little car.

im loving it and going to look after it hopefully for the rest of its life.

• Like 3

Tesseractoid

blimey! wow, a white G reg XS with 40k on the clock,  that's the dream!   lucky sod! 

post loads of pics will ya? 

Gohn

belter ! 

credit to her 

Leslie green
Posted (edited)

Welcome Gary :D

Edited by Leslie green

Phil Gti

I had a black J reg XS as my first car, absolutely loved it. Started my passion for 205's.

Your car looks in excellent condition, have fun!

DamirGTI
On 7/14/2024 at 9:12 PM, garygjr8@msn.com said:

Been trying to buy it for 7 years and finally got it...

... lady "kick the bucket" then ? :o

D

garygjr8@msn.com

no, she’s lovely and alive, just doesn’t drive anymore.

I serviced it 7 years ago for first time when I ran a garage. I said let me know when you want to sell it as I want it.

I’ve politely kept in touch since trying to keep up a gentle pressure. She’s not used it for years and only miles it’s done in last five years we’re me taking it for mot and service.

It’s totally original and always garaged, it’s fantastic condition.

no rust anywhere, just a few little marks that I’ve already sorted. I’ve added remote locking as I can’t live without it. Just got to sort the worn drivers seat. The foam bolster has failed on drivers seat base, but cloth is good.  The seat upper bolster has worn through on the cloth. I’ll sort them myself, but after I’ve bought a seat to put in as a temporary.

I’m going to enjoy owning and looking after it for a long while.

I’m a classic car nutcase, I own too many, I buy what I like and this fits in a treat.

Spesh

Very nice indeed :)

garygjr8@msn.com

Finally found the time to give my XS a full polish, it’s when you get to know a car properly.

I found no rust or brown stains anywhere, I was very pleased. Few little car park dinks, but nothing bad. And quite a few stone chips to touch up, but again nothing bad.

I think it’s got most of its original paint. I did find a few edges where it’s polished thin or through, but I can live with that.

so all I’ve got to do is fix the drivers seat, because it’s worn in the usual way.

53906191726_da99048a2d_k.jpgIMG_1612 by Gary Rayner, on Flickr