• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
LucasDunkley

BE3 Wilwood Clutch Slave Cylinder Modification

LucasDunkley

Hi all, new to this forum thing.

I know this quite a specific question, but has anyone had any experience fitting a hydraulic clutch slave (wilwood pull type preferably) to a BE3 gearbox?

Any photos, dimensions and or advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

petert

Do you mean remotely? Or direct acting? I would like to make one direct acting.

welshpug

I've seen one on an MA gearbox in a grasstrack car, not a BE but would not be too different to make work

LucasDunkley
1 hour ago, petert said:

Do you mean remotely? Or direct acting? I would like to make one direct acting.

I’m planning that the slave will be directly actuating on the clutch arm. If people are interested I can post some pictures once I’ve got it working . Not saying it will be the best solution but I’ve bought the car with these parts so might as well make them work!

LucasDunkley
40 minutes ago, petert said:

I meant like this.

https://malwoodauto.com.au/product/alloy-t56-tr-6060-concentric-slave-cylinder-with-billet-alloy-piston-remote-bleeder/

And what are you doing at the clutch pedal/master cylinder?

Apologies Peter,

The slave cylinder will be external, hopefully in a similar position to where the clutch cable runs.

For clutch pedal and master, the car has a Tilton pedal box.

Tom Fenton

The only thing I can really add is that if you use a slave cylinder directly on the standard release arm I think you will end up with a pedal that is very light, and possibly you won't have enough throw. Stuff with a hydraulic clutch typically has a really short lever at the slave cyl end.

Maybe worth a look at the 206 GTI setup, as I think they use a related BE gearbox with a hyd clutch arrangement.

petert

This is the BE4R parts from the 206 GTi, and possibly others. Is it possible to adapt that slave cylinder and arm to a BE3 box?

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 6.01.39 pm.png

Tom Fenton

Some previous discussion here

Also a lot of the BE casings do have the mounting lugs at the front which would allow the 206 type slave to bolt on. Then use the BE1 style release fork.

Tom Fenton

From Google, but you get the idea.

206slave.jpg

LucasDunkley
6 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

From Google, but you get the idea.

206slave.jpg

9 hours ago, petert said:

This is the BE4R parts from the 206 GTi, and possibly others. Is it possible to adapt that slave cylinder and arm to a BE3 box?

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 6.01.39 pm.png

Thanks both for the insights.

I’ve already got the Wilwood pull type slave with the car so I am determined to make it work.

If I come to conclusion that it’s not reasonably practicable, I’ll probably opt for a solution similar to the ones you’ve suggested.

SRDT

Like I said on the other thread using a pull type 215mm clutch you could have the slave cylinder sitting on top of the gearbox to push the fork arm.

LucasDunkley
32 minutes ago, SRDT said:

Like I said on the other thread using a pull type 215mm clutch you could have the slave cylinder sitting on top of the gearbox to push the fork arm.

Thanks, have you got a link to this thread??

SRDT

Tom poster a link above but there isn't much more to read about this idea.

The pull type clutch has the fork working in the opposite direction so you can use a regular slave cylinder instead of a special pull type one.

Ima.JPG175..jpg.2b018b1fbe3f978efec0e1aa