• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TomSaintJames

XU9 flywheels and clutch

TomSaintJames

Hi guys, I have a question.

I'm planning a +T for my 8v XU9 BX in the future, I need to replace the clutch soon as its slipping. Can I fit a 215mm Mi16 flywheel and MI16 clutch now to my BE1 gearbox?

It seems daft to change the clutch now and then again in the near future.

Cheers

TomSaintJames
Posted (edited)

I done a bit of reading around and it seems that it should fit to the crank and inside the bellhousung, and the release bearing is determined by the arm and fork, in this case that should be an 8v BX BE1 bearing right?

I'll also need M7 bolts for the clutch plates.

I have a 405 Mi16 215mm flywheel and will order a BX 16v clutch kit and 8v BE1 release bearing unless told otherwise!

Cheers

Edited by TomSaintJames

SRDT

Can you fit a pivot type clutch fork on your BE1? The last BE1 are using BE3 casings but not all of them are machined for BE3 parts.

TomSaintJames
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SRDT said:

Can you fit a pivot type clutch fork on your BE1? The last BE1 are using BE3 casings but not all of them are machined for BE3 parts.

Not sure tbh, the car is 1985 so unlikely I think? How would this affect things?

The clutch cable is fairly new and they are an absolute pig to do on a BX, so if I can keep the cable, that's a win!

Edited by TomSaintJames

SRDT

The BE1 with a 215mm clutch are using a pivot type fork like the BE3 so the regular BE1 fork may or may not be up to the task.

TomSaintJames

Ah, cheers dude. So it may struggle to operate the clutch?

SRDT

Maybe, but PSA could also have changed it for unrelated reasons.

welshpug

Yes it works just fine, I have 1.9 mi16 clutch and flywheel with 205 be1 clutch release arm and bearing.

I'm not familiar with the be1 8v bx, but yes use whichever bearing works on that fork, as it may not be the one in the kit.

• Like 1

TomSaintJames

Cheers guys.