• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

309jazzpanda

mp3.1 Idle woes from a really strange issue

309jazzpanda
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, SRDT said:

You don't have the 54 error code so the EPROM should be fine. You could try to put it inside the BX ECU and see how it goes.

Edit:. Swapped EPROM and the fault returns, looks like it's the EPROM itself causing the issue. 

Edited by 309jazzpanda

SRDT

There should be a socket for the EPROM, the few ZX ECUs pictures around shows one.

309jazzpanda
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, SRDT said:

There should be a socket for the EPROM, the few ZX ECUs pictures around shows one.

Swapped them over and fault returns so looks like the EPROM or whatever map is on there is causing the issue. On one hand frustrating, on the other it means there's nothing else wrong with the engine/wiring. 

My concern here is that if I send it off for repair/check will they just return it with the same map. I doubt many places these days would have the files for an old ECU like this to redo it. 

Edited by 309jazzpanda

DamirGTI

Tried also ZX chip in BX ECU ?

EPROM might be still good , but faulty ECU board , or some other chip or diode , resistor etc. on the ZX ECU .

D

SRDT

You could have a new EPROM programmed, we have two versions of the software floating around.

Was the EPROM original with a bosch sticker that has the software revision printed on it? A poorly modified EPROM should still have the original checksum and trigger the 54 "bad ECU" error code so it's a bit strange.

309jazzpanda
2 hours ago, DamirGTI said:

Tried also ZX chip in BX ECU ?

EPROM might be still good , but faulty ECU board , or some other chip or diode , resistor etc. on the ZX ECU .

D

Yeah so I put the ZX EPROM in the BX ECU and the fault came back. I didn't get time to try it the other way with BX EPROM in the ZX ECU, which I'll do tomorrow to be 110%

309jazzpanda
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SRDT said:

You could have a new EPROM programmed, we have two versions of the software floating around.

Was the EPROM original with a bosch sticker that has the software revision printed on it? A poorly modified EPROM should still have the original checksum and trigger the 54 "bad ECU" error code so it's a bit strange.

The image is the EPROM in the ZX *212 ECU. Not sure if that's original looking, as I've never had one apart before to be sure about them. 

I'm wondering if someone has messed with the map on it possibly?. Which may not flag an internal error code but would make it run badly without logging an error. Not sure how correct I am with that. 

Is there anyone on here that can write a new EPROM?. I wouldn't be able to do it but will check with ACT tomorrow if they still have the tools for it. 

IMG_20240616_231920.jpg

Edited by 309jazzpanda

SRDT

1 267 356 723, I even have this file so the sticker looks factory.

• Like 1

309jazzpanda
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, SRDT said:

1 267 356 723, I even have this file so the sticker looks factory.

I take it the EPROM is still available to buy new?. Or can they be flashed clean?. Looking at an older thread from Damir I think the one I need is 27C256, I can have a hunt online and see if I can get a new one. Just need to find someone that can write the file on 

Edited by 309jazzpanda

DamirGTI

I have the same EPROM !

Also , i know someone from over here who can make you an copy of it but , let's see if he recommends himself first without me revealing who he is :lol:

(failing that we'll ask him ..)

D

• Thanks 1

309jazzpanda
1 minute ago, DamirGTI said:

I have the same EPROM !

Also , i know someone from over here who can make you an copy of it but , let's see if he recommends himself first without me revealing who he is :lol:

(failing that we'll ask him ..)

D

:D that would be an amazing result.

309jazzpanda
Posted (edited)

Didn't get chance to call any companies today about getting this EPROM sorted unfortunately, it's crazy busy at work now we've finally got back order parts turning up.  I did find a site that will sell me a 212 ECU in Europe for about £130 delivered, then found a company that sells the files for 20 euros 

https://www.ecubackup.com/citroen/citroen-zx/citroen-zx-2-0-0261200212-mp-3-1-1267356621/

Edited by 309jazzpanda

SRDT

On PC you can open them with notepad and do a search with ctrl+f to look for the start of the reversed ECU part number : 0021620. Software revision should be right next to it.

The second file reads 21200216201266537621.

• Thanks 1

309jazzpanda

Got in touch with ATC today, they're going to give me a call tomorrow when the guy is in that deals with older systems. Sounds promising from what they were saying today. 

pug_ham
On 6/16/2024 at 8:24 PM, 309jazzpanda said:

I doubt many places these days would have the files for an old ECU like this to redo it. 

Wayne @chipwizards should have mine from when I originally got my car done by him.

Might be worth a call to him, if he needs any of my car details etc to find the file, let me know.

Haven't the ecu files had been posted on here before?

I'll try to have a trawl through my external hdd's to see what I can find when I get chance.

g

DamirGTI

I sent him bin file which we taken out of my 212 ECU , same/identical "Spanish version" *723 EPROM bin .

Graham , is Mr. Wayne still in business ? 

I need some assistance with ignition map correction , making an chip or two with little bit less ignition advance if it's doable .

D

pug_ham
46 minutes ago, DamirGTI said:

I sent him bin file which we taken out of my 212 ECU , same/identical "Spanish version" *723 EPROM bin .

Graham , is Mr. Wayne still in business ? 

I need some assistance with ignition map correction , making an chip or two with little bit less ignition advance if it's doable .

D

I believe so, Chipwizards

g

309jazzpanda

I don't know why but I completely forgot about Wayne at chipwizards, good shout there Graham. 

I've taken the plunge for now and got a 212 ECU from Poland, ordered it last night and it's arriving tomorrow. Unfortunately it's BTCC this weekend so I'll be getting rather drunk at Oulton park for the next few days so I can't test it until Monday.

I'm still going to get the EPROM looked at on my faulty ECU. If anything just out of curiosity to see what's happened inside it, it's got between my teeth and I want to see if it's a faulty EPROM or if someone has messed with the map at some point. 

On a different point I've ordered some ECU pins from work (Peugeot dealer) so just waiting for them to arrive to change some of mine. I'll see what quantity arrives but I'm thinking it could be handy for others here if we have them in stock. 

A very big thank you for the file as well Damir

Thijs_Rallye
13 hours ago, 309jazzpanda said:

I'm still going to get the EPROM looked at on my faulty ECU. If anything just out of curiosity to see what's happened inside it, it's got between my teeth and I want to see if it's a faulty EPROM or if someone has messed with the map at some point.  

If the MIL isn't on the EPROM is likely not corrupt. If it is changed at least it was someone who knows how to update the checksum and likely knows what he/she was doing :).

• Like 1

309jazzpanda
On 6/21/2024 at 12:10 PM, Thijs_Rallye said:

If the MIL isn't on the EPROM is likely not corrupt. If it is changed at least it was someone who knows how to update the checksum and likely knows what he/she was doing :).

Hopefully so. I've still not fitted the new one, my other car fuel pump died at Oulton park yesterday so waiting for a truck to arrive at midnight has left me knackered today. 

Fingers crossed for tomorrow it's all good. 

• Like 1

309jazzpanda

Finally got back onto the car and it's good news, absolutely beautiful idle now even when hot. Thank you everyone for your help. 

• Like 1