• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Hubs, beams, knuckles, offsets etc

Richie-Van-GTi

Trying to get some kind of definitive answers as I keep finding conflicting info around running gear.

Rear beams, are the 1.9 and 1.6 the same width and are the wheels the same offset?

Same front knuckles and hubs, do they have the same running width when mounted, i know the brake is a different offset between them?

On the front can 206 and 306 parts be used and what effect do they have?

I assume 309 front stuff is the same as 205.

welshpug

all you need to know about hubs here

rear beam tubes are all the same width on a 205, as are trailing arms, the differences come in the drums vs discs, and base model vs gti drums, there aren't significant differences here.

1.9 15" wheels are 6" wide ET 19, 1.6 are  14" x5,5  wide ET24,    the effective mounting point of both wheels are in the same place within 1.5mm from the inside face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Richie-Van-GTi
4 hours ago, welshpug said:

all you need to know about hubs here

rear beam tubes are all the same width on a 205, as are trailing arms, the differences come in the drums vs discs, and base model vs gti drums, there aren't significant differences here.

1.9 15" wheels are 6" wide ET 19, 1.6 are  14" x5,5  wide ET24,    the effective mounting point of both wheels are in the same place within 1.5mm from the inside face.

Thanks Merion, do you know the difference between the 1.6 and 1.9gti overall widths when allowing for the drum to disc change?