• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Berglundracing

205 T16 replica build

Berglundracing

Sorry for NO update.

I have some other project to attend to and have to rest this project for a while, but not for long.

I have built a horse farm from scratch since 2020 and it have to be completed latest October. I am also trying to sell a horsetruck I built and struggle getting it thriugh inspection. Havent used it since 2019 and that is not good fore truckbrakes :-(

On friday a have a date with the T16 and will start welding on the chassi so stay tuned.

Spesh and Porter37, those are nice builds. I have seen them before…….I think I have turned every stone on internet searching for T16 builds for a long time :-)

Cedric, I send you a email…….

Ced1610

Hello guys, hello Thomas,

here you will find close view of 205 T16 original frame, if you need more, you are welcome…

hope it will help…

IMG_8129.jpeg

IMG_8128.jpeg

IMG_8127.jpeg

• Like 1

Ced1610

and

IMG_8126.jpeg

IMG_8125.jpeg

IMG_8124.jpeg

• Like 1

Ced1610

more

IMG_8123.jpeg

IMG_8122.jpeg

IMG_8121.jpeg

• Like 1

Ced1610

more2

IMG_8120.jpeg

IMG_8119.jpeg

• Like 1

Ced1610

more3

IMG_8118.jpeg

IMG_8116.jpeg

IMG_8117.jpeg

• Like 1

Ced1610

more4

IMG_8114.jpeg

IMG_8113.jpeg

• Like 1

Ced1610

more to come…

Ced1610

frame

IMG_8107.jpeg

• Like 2

Berglundracing

Thanks Cedrik!!!

Very usefull…especially the roof.

I havent seen this closeup. I probably have to wing it. Cant get the rear enginepod untill next summer probably.

IMG_9840.jpeg

Ced1610
18 hours ago, Berglundracing said:

Thanks Cedrik!!!

Very usefull…especially the roof.

I havent seen this closeup. I probably have to wing it. Cant get the rear enginepod untill next summer probably.

IMG_9840.jpeg

begining to build tool for duplicate the real frame…

Thomas, if need to use tool when ready… :-)

IMG_8203.jpeg

IMG_8204.jpeg

IMG_8205.jpeg

Ced1610
5 hours ago, Ced1610 said:

begining to build tool for duplicate the real frame…

Thomas, if need to use tool when ready… :-)

IMG_8203.jpeg

IMG_8204.jpeg

IMG_8205.jpeg

more…

the Goal is allowing to screw a normal 205 frame on it, and modificate to reach 205 T16 evo1 frame…

IMG_8209.jpeg

IMG_8207.jpeg

IMG_8206.jpeg

Edward.s

Wow, this is so impressive!

Leslie green

Great fabrication work 

Edward.s
Posted (edited)

Are there any News on the drivetrain? I have googled alot to try to find some examples Of mid engine transverse 4wd builds, does not seem to be alot Of them.. I tried to send both Of you a private message, but i am not allowed to do so yet because Of forum rules.. ( i joined because Of this thread) i owned a gti when i were younger and a t16 replica has been a dream a long time. Btw; your son is right, this car should pop and bang!

Edited by Edward.s

Ced1610
3 minutes ago, Edward.s said:

Are there any News on the drivetrain? I have googled alot to try to find some examples Of mid engine transverse 4wd builds, does not seem to be alot Of them.. I tried to send both Of you a private message, but i am not allowed to do so yet because Of forum rules.. i owned a gti when i were younger and a t16 replica has been a dream a long time.

may you see previous page of this thread, responses are inside…

Edward.s

I have read the whole thread several times, i am impressed! You are solving the drivetrain in a similar fashion? 2wd gearbox with driveshafts instead Of where the front axles would be and two differetials, one turned utsiden down? But what aboute gear ratio? Would it not require 1:1 ratio on the diffs?

Ced1610
33 minutes ago, Edward.s said:

I have read the whole thread several times, i am impressed! You are solving the drivetrain in a similar fashion? 2wd gearbox with driveshafts instead Of where the front axles would be and two differetials, one turned utsiden down? But what aboute gear ratio? Would it not require 1:1 ratio on the diffs?

the owner of this thread is Thomas, i am just filling it during Thomas REST time…

But if you read the previous posts, Thomas have done a masterclass in this drivetrain,

a subaru Gearbox with two Golf Syncho final diff… ( about 1:1)…

those diff are not easy to find, but solve the biggest problem… but for me, a little problem still…

if you have a little time to put a comment Thomas , how do you solve Autolocking diff on those two diffs, and how do you fix interdiffs autolock ? (front/back diffs locking)

Ced1610

and with those two, a lsd diff inside subaru gearbox would be ok…

and with 50%/50% front/ rear, it’s like snow /sand setup for original 205 T16

normal setup is about 65% rear/ 35% front…
i do not know what is the side of spiro-conical, but it would be nice if the master side is right side of gearbox output and slave is left… for being little more propulsion than traction…

IMG_8263.jpeg

Edward.s

Ahhh i totally missed out on that, i thought it was the other way around. Thank you so much for clarifying, apriciate it! It is really exiting!

Berglundracing

:)Thanks Cedrik for keeping the thread alive.

Havent started building yet……but collecting parts is ok. Found some OZ wheels that will be great on the T16 but my 207 RC could borrow them this winter

IMG_9927.jpeg

Berglundracing
On 8/5/2024 at 11:00 PM, Ced1610 said:

the owner of this thread is Thomas, i am just filling it during Thomas REST time…

But if you read the previous posts, Thomas have done a masterclass in this drivetrain,

a subaru Gearbox with two Golf Syncho final diff… ( about 1:1)…

those diff are not easy to find, but solve the biggest problem… but for me, a little problem still…

if you have a little time to put a comment Thomas , how do you solve Autolocking diff on those two diffs, and how do you fix interdiffs autolock ? (front/back diffs locking)

I have not decided yet but there is an Swedish forum I have discussed this with intention to have some guidlines to follow. Its a lot of excellent fabricators there and hardcore racers building there cars them self. In Swedish…..

https://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126822&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=21

The plan is to test it first without any diff modufication.

Then weld the 01E Audi gearbox and test.

If neccearry buy a Quaffie to the rear and leave it open in front.

I could buy diffs to all 3,  front/rear/center but this is to exspensive for me.

This plan have some teoretical drawbacks …….

Wont be able to stear the rear with handbrake on gravel on power.

Think the Audi S1 had same issue?

It could be hard to move the car in garage?

Ced1610
13 hours ago, Berglundracing said:

I have not decided yet but there is an Swedish forum I have discussed this with intention to have some guidlines to follow. Its a lot of excellent fabricators there and hardcore racers building there cars them self. In Swedish…..

https://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126822&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=21

The plan is to test it first without any diff modufication.

Then weld the 01E Audi gearbox and test.

If neccearry buy a Quaffie to the rear and leave it open in front.

I could buy diffs to all 3,  front/rear/center but this is to exspensive for me.

This plan have some teoretical drawbacks …….

Wont be able to stear the rear with handbrake on gravel on power.

Think the Audi S1 had same issue?

It could be hard to move the car in garage?

Hello Thomas,  nice to read you, hope horses are now ok…

first of all, center dill cannot be open, but, out of sand or gravels, it cannot be welded…

or the gearbox will die quickly…

concerning front and rear, by letting open the front, you loose the ability of the car, and the power losed by this front left whell spinning will be a defect instead of a benefit…

i think, if you want a real all wheel drive, that can run only with one wheel, it’s obliged to put 3 diff…

Wéll see…