• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimi

more disconnected wires

Dimi

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, so please check out the two photos and give me a shout if you know where these connectors go to.

On one of the photos the two wires hanging under the glovebox are yellow with marking with M108 and a red one. They come off the top of the glovebox wires and two of the same colors go to the direction of the cental console.

The other three wires are in the engine compartment, as you can see the pair I have placed above the fuel pump and the other single wire above the coolant bottle.

Otherwise, I have tested the heater fan and it is working, however its control dials do not turn it on. Have to take out the control panel and see what is going on.

Will appreciate your guidance!

IMG_20200817_174225.jpg

IMG_20200817_174142.jpg

Thijs_Rallye

The two wires that came from the top of your glove box are for the glove box light. As for the other wires I don't have a direct answer, but you could take a look at the haynes schematics to cross reference the wire numbers you have.

For your heater motor: the heater restistor often develops breaking contacts, I'd start checking there instead of the panel. The panels themselves rarely fail is my experience. The heater resistor can be found a bit to the left from the heater motor.

Dimi

Thank you Thijs_Rallye! I will check the resistor of the motor. And also will have to find the glovebox bulb. Next will be the Haynes reference to the wires. My engine runs great and ni warning lights, so I guess it is auxiliary  realted....

stewal

I think the single wire under the bonnet is the earth connector that fits to to male spade connector at the top of the suspension strut to operate the pad wear light. There should be another on the other side too.

the twin wires look like the brake fluid level warning light connectors for the brake reservoir but presumably yours is left hand drive?

Dimi

Thank you Stewal, yes LHD  here. I will continue investigating, as my brake fluid reservoir has the connectors to it. In one of the two spade connectors there are two wires and some numbers . See photo.

IMG_20200818_214659.jpg