• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Handle Inserts 3d printed

opticaltrigger

Hi Alex,

Great idea, cant wait to see them if you go ahead with it.

All the best,

O.T.

series111

Looks a decent print 

ALEX
On 5/31/2020 at 4:48 PM, series111 said:

Looks a decent print 

A bit disappointed with the finish TBH. Seems worse on black than any other colour but the first layer on the print bed shows the extruder path more than anywhere else on every print.

I was thinking about printing these on their edge as my Z axis finish is spot on and can look close to an injection molded part (without a textured finish), but it means I have to spend time to remove support material.

Not had as much interest than I thought I would really, maybe in time as interior plastics for the 205 get impossible to find, but I've been filling my time well while on furlow.

Just imagine how much I would have done if the weather was bad. I rekon the whole interior would be an STL file by now LOL!

Tom Fenton

Here’s one for you to model and print.

At the rear of the centre console are 2x screws that hold it to the bracket 

The screw holes have a counterbore and then a recessed area around them that looks perfect for a cap

However no cap was ever fitted and it doesn’t look like one is available 

It has always looked unfinished to me

Have a look you will see what I mean.

A printed cap to fit there would be great. I would make a small recess in one side to enable you to get something in to pop it back out when needed to remove the screws. Down the spigot that fits in the counterbore make the diameter 1mm down in size then print 4 narrow ribs down the length 0.5mm tall so that it is a slide in fit but not too secure that you cannot remove it. As you may guess I’ve thought about this and how I’d do it! But I’ve no 3D printer and never likely to get one, I’ve too much other stuff as it is.

ALEX

2 hours ago, Tom Fenton said:

Here’s one for you to model and print.

At the rear of the centre console are 2x screws that hold it to the bracket 

The screw holes have a counterbore and then a recessed area around them that looks perfect for a cap

However no cap was ever fitted and it doesn’t look like one is available 

It has always looked unfinished to me

Have a look you will see what I mean.

A printed cap to fit there would be great. I would make a small recess in one side to enable you to get something in to pop it back out when needed to remove the screws. Down the spigot that fits in the counterbore make the diameter 1mm down in size then print 4 narrow ribs down the length 0.5mm tall so that it is a slide in fit but not too secure that you cannot remove it. As you may guess I’ve thought about this and how I’d do it! But I’ve no 3D printer and never likely to get one, I’ve too much other stuff as it is.

I like your thinking as there is certainly improvements to be made on the stock 205 cockpit, though I was thinking more on the lines of a cup holder. Not 100% sure what you mean though, maybe this idea requires a sketch to explain?

I'm Currently having a clearout of my 205 Phase 2 parts that ive had in the shed for over 10 years. A long time ago I stripped a couple of GTIs with my mates to upgrade his phase 1.5 from grey to black, but the project ended up getting scrapped and I kept most of the interior bits. For some time I was going to change My CTI from grey to black but its just not worth the effort and I've grown to like the grey.

Some of the stuff that is sought after is difficult to justfy the price!. If I sell it too low it just gets snapped up by a trader, so the stuff I was unsure about I left it to an auction.

After realising all those years of forking out a fortune for cheap s**ty brittle plastic Peugeot parts that break (Coin tray, Name badge pegs, ashtray...list goes on!) and then spending time working on something German or Japanese, you suddenly realise that the plastic on french cas are similar to the plastic found on the top of McDonalds Milkshake lids! though 1000% more expensive!

I've sepnt enough money in the past on this junk and it's only getting more expensive with profiteeres cashing in on suckers like YOU! .

So I'm all for replica parts, 3d print quality is geting better all the time, I just need the time to model each part.. or to start the revolution!

#geta3dprinter

Edited by ALEX
  • Haha 1

series111

I think you can use acetone to smooth the print haven't tried it personally myself.

I've been printing replica stuff for other cars for the past couple of years had quite a number of orders through ebay.

When get time I was looking to try and replicate the clip that fits to the spare wheel cage bracket as I'm unsure as to whether this still available.

l use ABS for all my prints for its strength properties whilst also PLA is hydroscopic.

• Like 1

karabas

I appreciate every effort for keeping the car alive.

I couldn't find the cap on front wiper arm nut. I drew it and print. Result is acceptable for me.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 00.40.32.png

• Like 1

ALEX
14 hours ago, karabas said:

I appreciate every effort for keeping the car alive.

I couldn't find the cap on front wiper arm nut. I drew it and print. Result is acceptable for me.

Looks good

Canadian dave

Has anyone ever made a cover to replace the coin tray? My tray broke years ago and I think I chucked it out when it became a dedicated hill climb car, but now it's more road orientated a cover would be fine with me, I don't need a useless coin tray.

Anyone making one? Printing one?

• Like 1

karabas
2 hours ago, Canadian dave said:

Has anyone ever made a cover to replace the coin tray? My tray broke years ago and I think I chucked it out when it became a dedicated hill climb car, but now it's more road orientated a cover would be fine with me, I don't need a useless coin tray.

I saw the little triangle on thingiverse.com. Its bit challenging for me to draw it, but will try. I need that though.

Canadian dave

Keep me posted, I would be very interested in buying a cover to replace the coin tray.

ALEX
On 6/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, Canadian dave said:

Just spent an hour on this, not getting anywhere fast with it! LOL