• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Telf

Exhaust gas leak. Suspect manifold

jackherer

Just bear in mind that a stainless exhaust will be loud and will have a different tone to a mild system.

Saying that I don't know where you will get a decent mild middle box now.

The seller linked to in this thread has run out and isn't getting any more and says Walker have discontinued them-

The only p2 ones for sale are Klarius which have a bad reputation.

You could get a standard p1/p1.5 middle box and use that with the downpipe I gave you but you'd need a new backbox too as they have a different fitting (sleeve not olive)

Telf

So my local exhaust place say they can get a klarius downpipe/center and fit the lot for £140.

Telf

I did ask about fitting the stainless downpipe and mild for the rest but they reckon you can't get a sleeve fit for the center as it will then need a sleeve fit for the rear and the back box is a different size( ie it will be too big?!?)

jackherer

That's what I said!

1 hour ago, jackherer said:

You could get a standard p1/p1.5 middle box and use that with the downpipe I gave you but you'd need a new backbox too as they have a different fitting (sleeve not olive) 

The Klarius one is apparently terrible quality and I think it is the only pattern part available now for the later cars. You could fit an early pattern center box and matching back box witht he staibless d/p if you can find a decent quality early one.

You wont get a generic fast fit exhaust fitter to start fitting aftermarket/custom parts, you'll either have to do it yourself or find somewhere other than an exhaust fast fit type place...

Telf

Having trawled the net the only mild steel brands Incan find are klarius and veneporte. I know Klarius aren't highly regarded - anybody know anything about veneporte?

DamirGTI

"Bosal" is good aftermarket exhaust system , see if you can find/order something back there .. i can see here few rear and middle Bosal silencers in stock/available from where i buy spare parts .

Next , i'd try "Walker" if you can't find Bosal .

D

jackherer

The last Walker front silencers for late 205s have been sold Damir, I contacted the ebay supplier from the thread I linked to above and they are out of stock and no more are being made apparently. And I haven't seen a Bosal center box for a two piece system for years, I think they stopped manufacturing them ages ago.

DamirGTI

I see .. well , there might be some "leftovers" ! .. old stock .

I have here both the olive and the sleeve type rear Bosal silencers counting 2 in stock of each one (around 100EU per piece) .. but yes , zero middle silencer in stock . But i remember there wasn't any rear Bosal ones either 5 or 6 months ago when i was looking on the parts catalogue , so guess there must be some old stock which "re-appears" on sale .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

Andy

Stainless steel exhaust? Miltek . Excellent quality. 

Andy

I hesitate to add this, but I do have hanging around in my loft an o.e downpipe and an aftermarket 2 section exhaust system that has been used, but not much ( so all together it is a three piece system. ) I also have a stainless downpipe too but that does not have the divider . 

Andy

Telf

Andy how much would you want for them? Pm me if you like

Andy

When I get home on  Monday I will dig it all out and post a couple of photographs so you can see what it is all like. I imagine that postage will be the problem  but £25 for the lot plus carriage will be fine if you decide that on seeing it you would find it useful 

Andy

Morning. Picture as promised. I fitted a lambda probe to this system , hence the blanking bung . 

Andy

07EBC512-FEC4-4462-9920-A5949DBF98FA.jpeg

Andy

Righto. All packaged up. I will get a price for the postage , let you know and then, if o.k with you, please pm me your full name , address and contact phone number for the courier . It is in a box 30x80x150cm and around 20kg, so may cost a bit . 

Andy

Andy

Update. Cheapest I can see is Hermes 3 day for £25.19 . It can go tomorrow as long as I book by 8.00pm tonight , but the cost is still a bit stiff, at 19 pence more than the cost of the exhaust. Oh, added some clamps and bolts in an ice cream tub inside the box . Might be useful 

Telf

Hi Andy . I did a quick search parcel force is saying about £30

Telf

Small update on this.

The exhaust system offered by Andy has gone AWOL in the post so thanks Hermes!

Andy has kindly refunded the purchase and I'm now back to finding a solution.

Looks like I'll have to go stainless . A local place manufacturers complete systems and seems confident they can get a system that sounds reasonably original and not like a Chav mobile. 

Quoted £375-425 depending on what mid and rear box is used.

Oh well!

jackherer
22 minutes ago, Telf said:

A local place manufacturers complete systems and seems confident they can get a system that sounds reasonably original and not like a Chav mobile.

I have heard that so many times before and it has never been true. Even if it's not loud (which it will be) stainless has a very different sound inherently.

Telf

Yes I'm dubious but at this point I actually don't care! I want the bloody thing finished and retuned so I can drive it again

Tom Fenton

I'd consider a Milltek. Every supposed "custom built stainless" exhaust I've seen made by a local firm has been a hash together of whatever off the shelf boxes they have kicking about and crap hangers. The Milltek is slightly more expensive but at least you know what you are getting. I don't like the Milltek tailpipe.

Andy

Yep.Miltec. I have one. Fitted beautifully and well made. However, Tom is right about the clamp on tailpipe. Looks s*ite . Do not let that on its own put you off.However, the price might .