Bought this in march this year only wanted it because it was laser green otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with a non runner but it was local and I hadn't seen a green one in many years over here so thought id take a chance.I know virtually nothing about gti's but had 2x 205 diesels many years ago . A previous owners son had taken it apart as a project and lost interest as usually happens and it came with most of the engine bay electrical stuff stuff either broke lost or disconnected .It was a runner before this but hasn't turned a wheel in 10 years and would have likely been broken for parts soon. The seats were in wrong and the boot and inside was full of boxes of bits and screws and some straw from the barn but it appeared to have been dry stored and had virtually no rust so a good starting point ! The front bumper was tied on and most of the kit was just sitting there not fixed on , fuel lines rotten ,breather hoses rotten ,rad ,fan and some coolant pipes missing ,water rail rotten etc.   On the plus side the leather is in decent shape ,its a 1.9 pre cat and had the very rare power steering and it's very green