• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rambo

Putting Back A Sunroof

Rambo

Unlike a lot of you I'm looking to put a sunroof back. The previous owner used the car for track days and stripped it bare. By the looks of things he's drilled and fixed a plastic plate over the top. I was hoping he'd used the original holes. Have any of you got any photos that would show what is original and what's not. Also looking for a complete sunroof as the eBay one I bought I don't think is complete. And all the interior plastics etc.post-26847-0-46057500-1479929789_thumb.jpgpost-26847-0-46057500-1479929789_thumb.jpgpost-26847-0-72914500-1479929863_thumb.jpg

post-26847-0-70349100-1479929740_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rambo

Tom Fenton

That looks like it's covering some kind of aftermarket sunroof not a factory fit. The factory ones have a row of rivnuts that run down both sides to near the tailgate for the runners.

However looking at it, you may find it possible to fit a factory type roof and cover over the holes that are there. Finding someone breaking a car with such a roof is probably your best best, if possible chop the entire roof off the scrap car at the top of the pillars then you will have everything to retro fit to yours including all the internal stiffeners etc

• Like 2

Rambo

There are actually a row of rivnuts running the length of the roof. I don't think the sunroof I've bought is either complete or the right one. Thanks for the advice though.

steve@cornwall

Measure between rivnuts across width of roof and compare with the sunroof you have bought. Looking at the size of the plate and how close it is to the roof ridges and screen it looks like it may have been one of the dealer fit non vacuum roofs rather than the factory unit. If so the hole will be too big for the factory roof.

mrfirepro

drop me a pm with your email I've got plenty of pics for the factory sunroof

Wallby

If needed I have the glass part of the sunroof spare. Its sat at my parents house quite local to you so you can have it if you want.