• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

driversdomainuk

Bilstein Gp N Kit Vs Bilstein Dampers + Eibach Springs

driversdomainuk

HI All

I am looking at suspension for my 205, which I use in road going class for hillclimbing.

There are two options I've seen:

Set Peugeot 205 GTi Goup N / Challenge Bilstein Shock Absorbers + Tarmac Springs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Peugeot-205-GTi-Goup-N-Challenge-Bilstein-Shock-Absorbers-Tarmac-Springs-/272424955414?hash=item3f6dcaee16:m:msjF9IpaU9RJhYcR4CWVauA

and also

PEUGEOT 205 GTI - BILSTEIN GROUP N TARMAC DAMPER + EIBACH SPRINGS

What is the best set up out of these two? I assume the Challenge + Tarmac springs are not Eibach's on the eBay link?

Thanks

Rob

And

That first link altho the state a rear damper rate I don't think it is correct and it's the cheaper 1082's version as the price it just to cheap considering the fronts should be about £300 a per and the rears £170 each so it just don't add up stay away from the cheaper rears unless it very bumpy or gravel

allanallen

The rears are indeed the cheaper challenge dampers (1038), they're 350/200 as listed. The gravel rears were 360/250. I personally find the challenge dampers a bit soft. They can be found for £150 a pair, the proper Tarmac dampers are around £150-£170 each as AND says.

The Tarmac springs may be too firm for standard rear bars, I know the PLR Tarmac springs are 180lb, it doesn't say what they are in your link though.

Challenge dampers and eibachs is a well trodden path, the eibachs work well with 19mm bars IMO.

Edited by allanallen

driversdomainuk

I'm running a 25mm rear arb but standard TBs. I found a fat ARB didn't need larger TB, based on my findings after fitting a 25mm Arb on my old 205 and then also going for 24mm TB and seeing no improvement in time and no feel difference.

Sorry I digress....

I guess the best set up here is to, with budget in mind as I have other stuff to do, is go for proper Tarmac rears, challenge front dampers and eibach springs. Don't want to spend any more than £700 really