• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
calvinhorse

Temporary Abs Bodge (405)

calvinhorse

I'm eventually removing the abs from a 405, I've removed everything from the rear and I'm running one brake line from the master cylinder to the back.

The fronts are exactly as they were

Just wondering if the front and rears are a complete different system to each other or by removing the hoses from the rear through the abs unit are the fronts going to spew fluid out everywhere?

I know the abs won't work and will show as a fault but is there any reason this wouldn't work?

welshpug

they're a diagonal split system which splits at the abs unit, so if you have plumbed the rear directly to the MC you'll need to alter the fronts to a single line and a Tee as there wont be a feed for one of the fronts now.

calvinhorse

That's answered that then, I only wanted to take it for a spin round the block but looks like I'll have to make up some front lines. Cheers WP

Henry Yorke

I'd be interested in having a look at your old 405 ABS gubbins to see if there is anything reusable for a 205 system. Sadly, I think not.

Did the 405 have the sprung rear brake compensators?

welshpug

you could use the pump and wiring easily enough, yes they used a twin line compensator on the rear axle, a 306 one would work easier on a 205.

calvinhorse

Yes it has a sprung compensator and it's brand new, you can have that and anything else H

calvinhorse

I'll get you some pics tomorrow night

petert

Why can't you plumb it front and rear? It doesn't have to be diagonal. That's how my Mi16x4 is now, which originally had Bendix ABS.