• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrAndy

1.9Gti Rear Suspension

MrAndy

I'm about to buy a new 1.9GTI from a foreign seller. All the other things seem to be OK, but the rear beam of the car is with drum brakes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have been thinking that 1.9 should always be with discs on the rear? In my country I will be having difficulties in inspecting the car.

Of course the best solution would be to buy the original rear axle with disc brakes, but it seems to be difficult to find one. Is there any other choises available?

-A-

Gaz205

Certainly the uk spec cars with factory 1.9 were disc rear axles. It could be a converted car or an export car which were auto gearboxes and had aircon.

I'm sure however an expert can add to this... I would expect any of the 1.9's including gentry's to have rear discs if I were looking at buying one.

You could ask them which gearbox it has? Usually they keep the 1600 box

Good luck with the purchase!

MrAndy

Thx!!

Just talked to the seller. He had remembered the brakes situation wrongly. The car has the discs in the rear as it should, so everything is OK :)

-A-

MrAndy

I was too slow. Somebody local bought the car last night :(

Gaz205

Always the case unfortunately! Always stash the cash in your back pocket and go with your heart on your 1st visit!