• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hoodygoodwood

How Much Paint To Respray A 309

hoodygoodwood

I am buying the paint for my 309 this week , have just primed the car with epoxy . I bought 3 litres of grey primer , 1 litre of hardener and 1 litre of thinners and have used all this plus half a litre of some I bought for the next project . Put one coat on most of the inside of the bare shell , 2 coats on the outside of the shell and primed all the removable panels ( except doors ) separately .

As I have used 5.5 litres to prime it and want to put the same amount of coats of paint on the shell am I right to assume I will need 5 or more litres of paint ?

Will be using Alpine White 2 pack .

dobboy

5.5 litres seems very extreme!

I think my car took 2lts (maybe even 1.5) of paint, with a small amount left, albeit only the outside was done.

It maybe depend on the paint manufacturer/mixing ratios too, the paint supplier will be able to advise you better.

Your better to ask for Blanc Meije, or The correct code POWT/EWT, whatever is correct for two pack, I can't remember, and Paint manufactured by PPG is meant to be one of the best.

flyfisher

If using 2k or as u say 2 pack. 3 litres is ample will give you. About a litre spare just in case u have to rework any thing remember only activate about 2 litres Peter

hoodygoodwood

Got my paint from Morellis today , I asked for Alpine white , Blanc meije and POWT - EWT as I had got all these codes off this forums paint lists , got 3 litres of paint plus 1 litre activator and 1 litre of thinners . Its Glasurit paint and the trade counter guy advised me to change the ratio from 4:1 to 3:1 ( paint - activator ) , with 10 % thinners because I am air drying as I have no oven .I know Alpine white is a creamier colour but it looks grey to me , will have a look tomorrow once its dry . Painted the engine bay , scuttle and door hinge area plus the inside of the front wings which I will fit and mastic in place tomorrow .

dobboy

Yeah the paint colour is very decieving.

If you compared EWT to say Ford Diamond White, the EWT isn't anything like white, for me it was like a milky concretey grey.

The EWT will start looking more white when you start putting on the grey trim.

IIRC the EWT has white, black, green, and maybe brown in it.