• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

Upgrading Coilovers

jamie_1992

im wanting to upgrade the coilovers on my 205 track car from gaz gha

do i go for ast 5100

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/coilover-suspension-kits/car/peugeot/205-gti/ast-suspension-sportline-2-5100-series-suspension-kit

or gaz gold

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/coilover-suspension-kits/gaz-shocks-gold-coilover-suspension-kits

is it better to have bump and rebound adjustable over a better make of coilover, the car is mainly track but dose go on the road on the odd day.

any advice or other recommendations welcome

welshpug

personally i would use 205 group a bilstein, or ast.

not had great experience of gaz, damping rates have never felt great and the finish on them not very long lasting, though it appears they have changed it to a black finish time will tell if its an improvement.

for ast or bilstein speak to kam racing.

Regards adjustment, with my bilstein gravel dampers 185lb spring 21mm bars ive never felt they needed altering.

Edited by welshpug

petert

I've re-valved my Bilsteins three times now, after successive changes in spring rates. If you're going to stay with relatively soft springs (ie 185lbs) then fine, otherwise I'd be paying more now to future proof it.

jamie_1992

how desirable is adjustable bump and rebound? as the ast 5100 only has adjustable rebound

And

Depends on you more than any thing 2 way is more tuneable for different tracks other wise you will just have to get a general damp and then tweak how the rebound behaves but bilsten were making the 2 way adjustable none remote res I was told when I was looking at AST.