• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Miles

Vacuum Pumps

Miles

As everything seems to be going electric these days, a friend asked about upping his vacuum for the servo as on bodies with 2 take's off isn't really enough on this application, So a quick Google found this http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-SQJ500082?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&gclid=CjwKEAjw26C9BRCOrKeYgJH17kcSJACb-HNAGuygBqfLYQ6R-xZ1Pz2-TFOpgJ94lZruad7ktBv3gBoCniDw_wcB from a Land rover but a few other ones too, Looks like just the thing as the pumps provide much more than any engine ever would, So the question is has any one fitted one?

petert

If XU9J4/XU10J4, wouldn't the S16 vacuum pump be a lot cheaper?

SweetBadger

I was looking into this a while back, but ended up just taking the vacuum off one port - was fine for circuit use.

Some bmws run electric vacuum pumps so you could try one of those: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262303343494

Not tried it myself but I imagine if it does the job on a 3 series BMW it'll be fine on a 205.

welshpug

same part as the landrover (no surprise, L322 was a bmw in all but badge)

Miles

It's a good old 8v :), we're fitting a new 306 (or LHD 205) servo with this we'll see how it goes, cannot be a bad thing

Tom Fenton

If you are binning the dizzy for a coil pack could you not run a mechanical vac pump off the end of the cam?