• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

CrestaMan

Full Body Respray

CrestaMan

Hi all,

I will be doing a full body respray soon but before I start taking out the glass etc I would like to know how to remove some bits without breaking them

1 The upper door weather rubber which looks like its pop riveted in

2 The sunroof trim and if need be the glass

I have also cut away the rubber trim around the bonded rear screen, can I get a replacement or will I have to find an alternative?

Regards

CrestaMan

Edited by CrestaMan

Alan77

The rubber trim for the rear screen is still available from Peugeot, p/n 874537, £33.18.

Miles

And the screen needs to come out to fit it

CrestaMan

Thanks, I will get one this week.

Weser

Sun roof trims are fragile and will be hard to source replacements now so take them easy. They can be removed:

1) take the trim from around the interior light and sunroof latch off. There is one screw that holds this on either behind the map reading light of the interior light I can't remember.

2) this will reveal 2 x screws going through the roof. IIRC this is all that holds the front sunroof trim in place.

3) carefully pull the front trim towards the front of the car. It latches over the side trims at both ends.

4) once the front trim is removed it reveals a bolt on either end of the side trim. Remove these.

5) the side trims are on hooks! don't just pull them off they will break. they need to be slid backwards to the rear of the car abut an inch to an inch and a half.

6) once they have gone back far enough they can be removed sidewards away from the car.

Good luck it is a bit tricky take your time the hooks can break easily.

Im sure if you look at some project threads you will see pictures of all of this. Mrfrirepros one would probably have some.

Hope that helps.