• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
idoari

Steering Rack Bellows -Which One?

idoari

Hi,

i want to replace my torn manual steering rack bellows but i'm not sure what i need.

do i need TWO 4066.20 or do i need ONE 4066.20 and ONE 4066.22 ?

I have LHD car it it's important.

post-25617-0-57058200-1469919736_thumb.jpg

thanks

Ido

dawning

The part number is 381295, but its for the whole inner and outer tie rod including the rubber bellows. It does not show a part number for just the rubber. Not sure what those numbers you are looking at refer to but they shouldnt matter. The 1610938580 number is for exactly the same thing but not made by a different company, its probably a bit cheaper.

Also its the same both sides.

Edited by dawning

Ryan

4066.20/4066.22 are the correct part numbers for just the boots (no idea which ones you need though). They're not shown separately on the diagram, but those numbers can be used to order the boots by themselves without having to buy the complete tie rod kit.

• Like 1

dawning

Ah fair enough thanks for correcting me!

Ryan

I had to buy a 4066.20 some years ago for my manual rack, and now I think about it I'm fairly sure manual racks are the same at both ends. So if I had to guess then I'd say you'd need two 4066.20s for a manual rack and one 4066.20 + one 4066.22 for a PAS rack, as the PAS racks are definitely different at each end due to how the hydraulic ram is attached.

Hopefully someone can confirm that?