• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stumpyjag

Inner Wing

stumpyjag

Hi all

Going through the motions of giving my Sorrento a bit of love for the first time in twenty years. I've always known she's had a new drivers side front wing but as I have just repaired a bit of a hole behind the headlight on the passenger side I wanted to sort the drivers side out as well.

As soon as I started cleaning and wire brushing the rust behind the drivers side headlight I noticed that it didn't look right. There is no lip between the inner arch and the headlight hole and the indent in the wing is a lot lower than the drivers side. So it looks as if the inner arch is to high.

post-15950-0-84449500-1469473134_thumb.jpegpost-15950-0-84320100-1469473154_thumb.jpeg

Looking at it most things seem to be correct but the front panel has definitely been bodged and after a bit of pulling I managed to break what spot welding there was and pull the front panel free.

post-15950-0-53019400-1469473610.jpeg

Looking at the inner wing it doesn't look bad at all and quite original so hopefully the damage was never too bad.

post-15950-0-96381400-1469473315.jpeg

So finally (getting to the point) am I worrying to much and is it just a badly fitting repair. Or shall I take it to a body shop and get it taken all the way back and sorted.

Sorry for the long post.

Any help very much appreciated.