• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

stuRALLYE

Bilstien Coilover Rebuild?

stuRALLYE

Does anyone know of a company who will rebuild my bilstien coilovers? Also an idea of the sort of prices to expect would be great.

It doesn't look like there is going to be another gaz group buy on here anytime soon so this is looking like my best option!

Cheers

Daniel306

Iv got some that need serviced too

Got two sets of gaz, there all needing new shafts as the chrome has started to rust. One pair of them has never been fitted

welshpug

bilstein will do them.

leda can also i believe, probably a few others.

Miles

It's normally just as cheap to buy new than a rebuild from experience, But as said Bilstein do it all in house now and as we know allot better than any Gaz shock old or new

johnnyboy666

Having made a few enquiries a few months back, all the prices were equal to or more than buying new inserts.

allanallen

With Bilstein inverted dampers you also need to factor in new bushes and dust seals for the bodies.

Try milners off road and cornering force for rebuilds.

stuRALLYE

cheers for the replies, depending on the price of inserts I might go down that route. Where would be the best place to buy them? Also is there a advised Spring weight for road/track with a gti6 engine?