• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Robbiedundy

Wheel Clearance

Robbiedundy

Hi, I'm currently building a 205 GTi6 and I've got 309 wishbones/driveshafts & a 309 rear axle for it. I'm going to be running Sl434s and the car is lowered 30mm on eibach springs/ bilstein shocks and GAZ rear shocks, the axle is completely standard. Will I be able to still use the GTi trim kit? Obviously the arches will need modifying but to what extent?

I have rallye arches but would like to keep the full GTi trim kit instead if possible.

Cheers.

j_turnell

I run full 309 setup and 306 arms with 7j wheels lowered around 25-30mm I had to remove the return on the arches, any lower than 30mm and you may have issues.

Robbiedundy

Did you just grind it off and put sealant on it or weld it? That's great, cheers.. I think the Sl434s are only 6.75J or something

Henry Yorke

You'll have fun on the back with this as it is not the width of the SL434's, it is the offset as they are ET8. I saw someone once with a 205, 309 beam and SL's and they had to raise the back as they stuck out of the arches

My CTI has naturally erroded the edge of the arches and would be popping them off if I was on a 309 beam (which are more hassle than they are worth and don't suit a IMHO, but the front wishbone set up does).

post-3457-0-08773000-1466547413_thumb.jpg

Robbiedundy

Cheers Henry, to be honest I like the look of the wide rear more than the practicality of the 205 one. The beam has been refurbished, painted etc so I'm sticking with it for now, looking forward to see what happens but I'm still really far of fitting wheels etc yet. Thanks for the help. ????

Cti looks great BTW!